Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Before and After pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 03:46 AM
Default Before and After pics

You guys wanted to see the before and after pics of the detail I did on my dad's F150 today, here they are.

Before:

It's just red, no depth or gloss. You can't see em, but it's got heavy swirls too, not to mention waterspots everywhere.

This is a pic of the hood that shows the heavy swirls I was talking about, can you tell what part I had polished?

If you look closely, you can see the waterspots and more heavy swirls. it was like this all over the truck. It hadn't been polished/waxed since I did it last while I was living in Sacramento in 1999. Yeah, a bit overdue.

And here are the after shots:

Wow, look at that shine! The richness of the color is brought back to life!

No more waterspots, no more swirls!

I didn't think this pic would come out due to the intense glare off the glossy hood!

Products used:

Blue Coral concentrated car wash
Meguiars Clay bar
Meguiars Quik Detailer
Mother's PowerPolish with polishing pad on a rotary
Mother's SynWax with a finishing pad on a Porter Cable 7424
Mother's Chrome polish
Turlte Wax F21 Tire foam and shine

Old 05-29-2005, 12:42 PM
Default RE: Before and After pics

Wow, nice job......

Just a suggestion, you may want to block your plate info when posting pics. It might save you some trouble down the road. Not that any of us are wack jobs, but you never know.

TVW

Old 05-29-2005, 02:03 PM

ORIGINAL: tvanwinklehome

Wow, nice job......

Just a suggestion, you may want to block your plate info when posting pics. It might save you some trouble down the road. Not that any of us are wack jobs, but you never know.

TVW
Thanks for the compliment

blacking out the plates makes me feel about as safe as having DRL's on my car. Infinitely more people see it on a daily basis just driving around town than do here so no worries. Besides, what can really be done anyways?

Old 05-29-2005, 05:03 PM

blacking out the plates makes me feel about as safe as having DRL's on my car. Infinitely more people see it on a daily basis just driving around town than do here so no worries. Besides, what can really be done anyways?
You would be surprised....

TVW

Old 05-29-2005, 05:10 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005

actualy thats how my brothers dvd player got stolen so just be careful you dont wanna even know the feeling of walking out to your car and noticing something you just put in be gone

Old 05-29-2005, 06:35 PM

ORIGINAL: big green dog

actualy thats how my brothers dvd player got stolen so just be careful you dont wanna even know the feeling of walking out to your car and noticing something you just put in be gone
Even w/o the internet, your brother's DVD player could have gotten stolen. Theives have been around far longer than the internet has. So how exactly did you find out this was the reason his DVD player got stolen? Did you guys interview the thief?

TVW- same thing could happen on any given day as you're riding down the street. Do you hide your plates then too? I have far more important things to worry about than if somebody see's my license plate

Old 05-29-2005, 07:55 PM

looks nice red has to be one of the worse colors to oxidise and never seems to be one that gets enough attention. But looks really good

Old 05-30-2005, 12:50 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

looks nice red has to be one of the worse colors to oxidise and never seems to be one that gets enough attention. But looks really good
thanks

Old 06-04-2005, 01:55 PM

i have two red cars....its easier than black, but still not easy to keep nice and bright

Old 06-04-2005, 06:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Patrick

i have two red cars....its easier than black, but still not easy to keep nice and bright
Yeah, my last car was black, a 2001 Ford Taurus. When I got it there were heavy swirls everywhere, it was bad. But I moved up to Portland shortly after and my dad seen an ad in the paper for Harbor Freight, they were selling a Chicago Electric rotary buffer for $30. I had never used one before, but having used orbitals, I knew it was the only thing that was gonna get rid of the swirls. And that it did, I was swirl free for about a month and a half before I traded it in on my Monte. Now I gotta get rid of the swirls on it[:'(]

Quick Reply: Before and After pics