Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

before & after

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009 | 06:20 PM
|
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
Default before & after

ok so i promise i won't post pics EVERY time i wash my car, but you guys have to see the nastiness that was my poor car earlier today. i went to go grab lunch and came out to this. i almost cried. i was rather embarrassed driving down the street! it rained just a little bit last night, just enough to wet the car. dried overnight, resulting in......

SO, 4 hours and a sore back later, he is doing much better!!

washed, dried, waxed, cleaned the tires, scrubbed the rims, cleaned the glass, cleaned/conditioned all the leather front and back, and cleaned the whole interior. i even got on the stepladder so i could clean the top of the car and the glass on the sunroof. which was not fun, since a.) i'm deathly afraid of heights and b.) the stepladder wobbles like crazy. but i made it! i'm quite sore and am hungry all over again and i still have to pack (work road trip leaving tomorrow till wednesday), but my car is clean!!!!

Old 04-19-2009 | 07:00 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Beautiful job.

Just noticed the seats have orange stitching to match the trim. Cool!

Old 04-19-2009 | 07:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

What a difference. Great job.

Old 04-19-2009 | 07:24 PM
|

i love the stitching, one of my favorite features of the car. it's fading a little on the front seats but it's still pretty fabulous!

Old 04-19-2009 | 08:10 PM

very nice. your like me. i hate it when my car is dirty, to the point were i am mbarrased. and for some reason everytime i wash it i do everything. it might need a wash but for some reason it gets leather care, windows, vaced, wiped, polished, tire shined, wheels steel wooled.......WE ARE CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-19-2009 | 08:30 PM
|

i almost took the easy way out and took it through the self-car wash, because it was pretty chilly out when i started. but i sucked it up and it warmed up a little as i went along. for some reason i can't just wash it without waxing it, it just doesn't look... i don't know, finished. and the interior, i like to go over it at least once a week anyway since i cannot stand to see little specks of dust on the dash and steering wheel column. and there is nothing i like more than shiny tires and clean rims!! if i have to spend 4 hours on a weekend to keep it looking great then i'll always do it!! thanks guys!!

Old 04-19-2009 | 09:59 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
10 Year Member

That's why I don't have a black car. I had a couple of opportunities to buy one of the Tony Stewart cars but opted for my Sliver one.

Old 04-19-2009 | 10:38 PM
|

it definitely shows every little speck of dust and dirt, inside and out. by the time i (thought i) was done, i went back over a couple of spots with the quick detailer that had already picked up some dust and whatnot. but when it's super clean and shiny and i get all sorts of looks and comments on it when i take it out, it makes all the hard work certainly worth it!

Old 04-20-2009 | 08:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

If you cringe everytime you see your car looking like that.

Find a garage and park it for the spring. It's going to look like that every rain, and every high pollen count day.

Welcome to black :P

and ALWAYS avoid the car washes.

Old 04-20-2009 | 11:15 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Yeah... I love a clean black car. It looks great.

Your before pictures look like my now pictures!

Quick Reply: before & after