Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

My E60 M5 vs. 2nd gen CTS-V sedan today

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default My E60 M5 vs. 2nd gen CTS-V sedan today

I haven't been driving my M5 much lately and decided to take it to work today since my monte was blocked by my wife's car and I'm too lazy in the morning to move cars around.

On the way back from work I was on the highway doing a good 70-75 and a cts decided to pull right up to my rear bumper and tail gate. I moved one lane over but he didn't pass me. He rolled up next to me and down shifted to maybe 2nd or 3rd gear and spiked his RPM's, I honestly always wanted to race one of those v cars and I wanted to play. After zig zagging with traffic for a minute or two we got a small gap In between traffic where we can let the cars do the talking. While I was going through traffic just prior I preset my car to the AKA: race mode (BMW is full of electronics gizmos) so I was ready to go.

Once we had an open gap we partially lined up and we didn't bother with honking or anything, I down shifted to second and soon as I did we went for it (I have an SMG trans (paddle shifting)) he had manual gearing, I swear I never had a more intense race before, we were neck and neck on take off but every time he shifted he lost about maybe but barely 3-6 inches per shift. By the time we caught up to traffic I was doing an OMG 150 and he was literally less than a foot away.

I slowed way down to near the speed limit and rolled my window down, he or I should say she did too cuz the driver was this hot as hell chick that yelled something out too me and gave me the thumbs up and rolled away hard.

Anyways that was my first race in the M5 and I swear I never realized how hard the caddy nor this thing pulled till now. (and the fact it was a girl driver) I'm glad I killed a cts-v cuz if I didn't this car would be traded in for a V car ASAP but the ride quality/comfort is 10x better than any caddy/chevy out there. So that would've been the bigger factor in why I decided for the BMW

Old 08-08-2014, 09:13 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

The V being a stick is what hurt her. Both of these cars are impressive though! We just bought a 2011 ctsv coupe and it pulls hard. I rolled 160mph and backed out of it (it wanted more) as far as comfort idk how the BMW is but the ctsv is very comfortable!

I'm betting if you race a auto ctsv it will nudge ahead but who knows..... drive down to where I live and we can find out!

Congrats on the win!!

Old 08-10-2014, 11:41 AM

Thanks, the ctsv is actually faster from a dig and should've pulled on me on that highway run but my car accelerates faster in the top end. I bet if it was a race from 0-150 the caddy would've killed me, if it was from 0-180 then I'm sure the m5 would start pulling on the caddy and maybe take the win.

Old 08-11-2014, 10:37 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

I'm not sure I would call this a 'kill'.. Cool race, but the cars are about dead even in terms of power to weight. The CTS-V definitely has a bit better ratio. Driver mod or automatic may have gotten the best of you, like John said.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:08 PM

I ran into this girl today at the gas station, man was she hot too lol but she recognized my car immediately and we got to talking but she wants to a few pills this summer with me again from a dig and a roll. We exchanged numbers and she said she will call me when she's in that mood again lol. I'm glad though she was married cuz I too am married and this isn't IMO going to rise any interest with my wife or her hisband, it's just a simple car rivalry between two gear heads. I'll keep u guys updated it b

Old 07-21-2015, 05:34 PM

Well today marks the day the M5 is sold 07//21/15. Sold it for a profit actually after all the mods, tunning, registration, etc. I acually made 8% more money back in my wallet. Sadly I'll miss my Z28 killer but I'm past that now. My family is far more important than a car, not that I'm not gonna teach my Son how to drive stick aggressively and endure street racing but I'm just saying.