Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

7th Gen ('06-'07): fuel injectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 07:57 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Red face fuel injectors

I do have a question to get to the injectors just remove the upper intake. also replace just replace the uim gaskets when done right.
Right now I am in the middle of a lot of ot and one day off. so working on my monte with the coolent over heat and trying to replace the injectors at the same time will take a lot of time hate that not driving it.
I am getting a backfire threw the intake manifold is annoying and it is coming from cylinder one. a friend over at a ford dealer yes I said ford dealer helped my narrow that issue down to a bad injector. I do agree with him on replacing all six at one shot.
But I am not sure it is sad to say this is my first six cylinder chevy the Silverado I have and the cougar are both eight cylinders so I know more about those engines then I do about chevys six cylinders.
yes I know why replace all six if one is giving me a head ach.
if I replace one and another did the same down the road I was there to begin with and had to do the work all over again messing up the intake manifold gasket having to spend more for that and more for another injector.
I am going to replace while I am there the fuel pressure regulator as well all in one shot
this monte broke my six cylinder area in a way no pun intended just putting that out there