Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

TSW Tremblant Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by l67ss
Basically go with the staggered sizes
Will do! Thanks

Old 12-20-2013, 08:50 PM

Btw im a fan of all tsw wheels, i hav 18" thruxtons on my 97 monte
Originally Posted by SSilver
Will do! Thanks

Old 12-20-2013, 09:19 PM

18" Thruxtons are sweet. I had Kyalamis on my 2004 GTO. TSW just makes some really cool wheels with many sizes and offset choices.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:41 PM

Got lucky on mine, i stole them for $120 with tires

Old 12-21-2013, 12:06 PM

Youve never driven anywhere hairy, have ya? With more weight in the front, youll have more TRACTION in the front. The point of wider rear tires is to keep from losing traction in the first place.meebbe grasp the english language and read the post before you talk @#$%.
Originally Posted by budweiser2983
You cant be serious. If you lose traction in the rear of a FWD, again FWD, you cant drive. LMAO. I needed that laugh this evening. If more weight is on the front wheels, why would wider tires be in the rear??? So you "blip" the throttle on your FWD to make use of your wider wheels in the rear?? You are a genius.

My 20s were $2100, installed. 255/35/20. If I were you, Id go with racing slicks in the rear. That way you wont lose control of your FWD car, you know?? Better safe than sorry. Probably 19x10.5. That way you can out-handle a Corvette. Be careful on throttle application. Good luck.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

Just ignore this Budweiser guy, he is just here to talk down on everyone. He is insulting me in the racing seat thread as well. This guy needs banned or something this is rediculous....

Old 12-21-2013, 02:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by l67ss
Not sure you uderstand fwd vs rwd, rear traction is even more critical on a fwd. If you lose traction in the rear of an fwd, how do you regain control? You cant exactly blip the throttle to bring it back. Plus at least 60% of the weight is on the front wheels. Why do you think they say to put the best pair of tires on the rear?
If you have two good tires and two not so good tires and can't afford good tires all the way around, I have always heard and practiced, put your best tires on your drive wheels.
On a RWD car on icy roads, you can't gain traction with bad rear tires. On a FWD car, you can't gain traction with bad front tires.
A few years back I was in a situation that as we entered winter, I needed new front tires on my old '94 Grand Am and didn't have the money. Quite literally, on snow covered road, I had trouble moving from a dead stop, I could not stop the car (ended up blowing a couple red lights) and had a lot of trouble steering it. Immediately, to see if I could "get by" I rotated the tires. After that, the car could stop, take off and steer fine (well, i had to be a little careful, take a turn too hot and the rear did not have good traction).
I ran those tires until middle of the following summer.

Not all cars are the same, so these rules may differ for some cars. But generically, I would say make sure your drive wheels have good rubber on them.

Old 12-21-2013, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
If you have two good tires and two not so good tires and can't afford good tires all the way around, I have always heard and practiced, put your best tires on your drive wheels.
On a RWD car on icy roads, you can't gain traction with bad rear tires. On a FWD car, you can't gain traction with bad front tires.
You are correct. Drive wheels need the traction, for both fwd and rwd vehicles.

Turbo Monte - I wasn't asking for a fight with this budweiser guy, but we can go there if need be...

Last edited by SSilver; 12-21-2013 at 05:15 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:25 PM

I say we settle it with a race, if straight line ill lose. But if its on a curvy road, prepare to be OWNED, by me

Old 12-22-2013, 12:31 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

If you continue to have an issue with Budweiser2983, please report the post to the staff using the yield sign icon seen on the post with the issue. After that, disregard his post (or the issue that you reported with it) for the time being. Otherwise, it tends to de-rail the purpose behind the thread.

It's not the culture here on MCF, and the staff will address the issues.

Quick Reply: TSW Tremblant Wheels