Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Finally lowering the monte...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 10:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Even a parts store will only be $15-20 each. Paint them, polish them, get them chromed. It'll look fine...
Ohh gotcha well I guess I'll look into it soon...

Originally Posted by yutzybrian
The stock rubber washers there are two pieces and allow for some "bouncing". The anti-pogo's prevent that bounce and provide a more firm feel
Oh okay I think I know what you are talking about now. I did notice the rubbery stuff inbetween the metal earlier

Old 09-15-2010, 09:30 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- October 2010

Yes the dogbones are a must for lowered montes/grand prixs. If not you will get severe vibrations around 55-60 mph and eventualy destroy a lot of stuff. As for the fuse box cover..... I had my dads friend laser cut it out and then chromed....one off custom lol, but I could send u the measurements of that piece as a template.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:47 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I can get the springs powdercoated for ya if u dont get red ones

Old 09-15-2010, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by thumpingetocar06
Yes the dogbones are a must for lowered montes/grand prixs. If not you will get severe vibrations around 55-60 mph and eventualy destroy a lot of stuff. As for the fuse box cover..... I had my dads friend laser cut it out and then chromed....one off custom lol, but I could send u the measurements of that piece as a template.
Ahh gotcha. Yeah that would be great if you could send the measurements to me

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
I can get the springs powdercoated for ya if u dont get red ones
Well I may have you do that if I end up not getting the ZZP ones. I'm just afraid that since there's only a .1 diff between the front & the rear, that I won't have my stance anymore =( Ryan needs to get his butt on here & tell me which type he has lol

Old 09-15-2010, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
Well I may have you do that if I end up not getting the ZZP ones. I'm just afraid that since there's only a .1 diff between the front & the rear, that I won't have my stance anymore =( Ryan needs to get his butt on here & tell me which type he has lol
I've told ya several times now that you'll be fine with the stance. As long as the back doesn't get dropped further than the front it'll keep the stance. In this case it might become a bit more noticeable because the front will be .1" lower

Old 09-15-2010, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by yutzybrian
I've told ya several times now that you'll be fine with the stance. As long as the back doesn't get dropped further than the front it'll keep the stance. In this case it might become a bit more noticeable because the front will be .1" lower
lol you should know by now that I always need a second opinion or whatever. I believe u but it still kinda makes me nervous

Old 09-15-2010, 11:23 PM

ohhh, cant wait to see pics of this! ;p

Old 09-16-2010, 12:23 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- October 2010

Brittany, if you wanna see how it looks, check out my recent pics and thats how low it will sit, keep in mind that my rear is lower do to all the stereo equiptment in the trunk but you will get the idea

Old 09-16-2010, 01:26 PM

Haha ohh you know I'll be taking soooo many pics of it before, during & after the whole ordeal =) mk I'll most def check em out again later on tonight

Old 10-01-2010, 01:46 AM

Just to throw a rock into the blender. I would say contemplate skipping the short dog bones and going with cradle spacers. From my research I went with the spacers instead of the shorter dog bones. Not to step on the toes of those that have them and believe in them. I believe the spacers are a better option and way to go.

Reason for the spacers/dog bones is when you lower your car the geometry of the suspension and axles get out of natural range for the car. Putting stress on parts that before didn't have to deal with. Now in theory the dog bones and the spacers are to help bring these parts back into normal operating range. This is the reason why I believe the spacers are better. First the dog bones only put rotational direction which does bring these parts in a better degree of operation than without them sure. However, there is more of a upward direction of the cradle thus raising the engine and trans physically bringing the parts back into a better operation with the spacers.
Here's a thread to read just to get an idea of someone that did have an issue and decided to go with the spacers after miles of driving.
http://www.grandprixforums.net/insta...ers-31503.html

Now don't get me wrong I don't have all the facts and this is a rinsed down version. Not by any means perfect and that could be worded and changed. I didn't know the in's and out's of lowering these cars but I've done a lot of research for myself and went to many forums for these cars and their are a lot of different views on this issue as well as other issues. But do the research yourself learn and see both sides of the issues. The very least you learn about how things work. If you don't already understand the reason for the dog bones or in my opinion the better option and cost the same from zzp the craddle spacers

Last edited by 7801MonteMan; 10-01-2010 at 02:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Finally lowering the monte...