Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Finally lowering the monte...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 04:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010
Question Finally lowering the monte...

Mk so long story short...my car has been popping obnoxiously for the past few months & it's been getting worse & worse. Soo took it to the shop after a show on Saturday to have my dad finally check it out. He thinks it may be my front left strut plate going out. Well we are planning on replacing all my struts (just stock for now) near the end of this month to early October & my dad said that I might as well get my lowering springs so we can do everything at once & then I can get the alignment for both things done at the same time. I wasn't wanting to lower it until it wasn't a daily driver anymore but I wanna do it before my dad changes his mind lol. So yeah I need some guidance. I know Ryan on here told me about some good springs but I can't find the PM about it all so hopefully I'll be able to figure it out again. I want my car to keep the stance of the front end being lower then the back...I finally have proof that my car sits like that but I keep forgetting to put the pic up lol. I don't want the car to go any lower then 1.5 inches.

These are some of the springs I have found online so far. If anyone has any comments about these diff springs please tell me. I would like the springs to be red but I guess I could paint them before they go on the car.

ZZ Performance

Eibach Pro Kit
Vogtland Spring Kit

These were the only ones I could find at the moment. I found another set but it was 1.7 front & 1.5 drop back & that's wayy too much up front. 1.5 is gonna be pushin it hardcore around here. Thanks for any help!

Old 09-14-2010, 12:03 PM

Also a couple more things...
-Can someone explain to me what exactly anto pogo washers do & where they go? They have this pic on the site but I don't see where they are on the pic =/

-I obviously know that I can powercoat the springs red but can I save money & just use regular spray paint like I use with all of my other stuff I've painted in the past
-& will it be a big deal if I get the lowering springs before I get the front & rear STB?

Old 09-14-2010, 02:07 PM

Anti-pogo washer goes here. I'm pretty sure the one in this pic is the stock washer while the 2nd pic (below) on zzp is with the anti-pogos installed

I'd either get springs that are pre-done red or powdercoat. I think if you spray paint them the paint will quickly fall off from the constant movement of the springs.

Old 09-14-2010, 03:33 PM

Hmm is it just lower I guess bcuz I see no other difference lol. Darnnn I was in denial of that happening lol I don't even know anyone around here who does powdercoating

Old 09-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- October 2010

I went with the SSC springs and LOVE THEM! They come red already and they are guarenteed not to sag.... One thing that you absolutely need is the shorter dogbones (ZZP), You have to get them when lowering. anti pogos are an option but I would go with them, I did and I have no prob. As for the STB, you can put them on before or after... doesnt really matter. I attatched a pic so you can kinda see the anti pogos (chrome circle on top the strut plate) Not the best pic but it might help. DONT FORGET THE SHORTER DOGBONES THOUGH!!! lol sry, there a must haha

Attached Thumbnails Finally lowering the monte...-dscn0421.jpg  
Old 09-14-2010, 05:31 PM

wth? Dogbones? No one ever told me anything about that! lol. Soooo I'm guessing the big stainless steel ones from ZZP won't work then huh bcuz I was wanting to get those eventually. Btw where did you get your fuse box cover? I want one sooooo bad for next car show season to cover up all of that mess but idk where to get one =( Obviously I would want black though instead of chrome lol

Old 09-14-2010, 05:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't think the ZZP billet aluminum ones would be too hard too modify. The shorter dogbones are just the dogbones from a Venture/ Montana van and can be purchased anywhere cheap

Old 09-14-2010, 05:50 PM

Well I want cheap but I want them to look good until I can get the big boys (is what I like to call them lol) guess I'll have to find a junkyard with one of those mini vans in it unless y'all know somewhere else I can get them

Old 09-14-2010, 05:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Even a parts store will only be $15-20 each. Paint them, polish them, get them chromed. It'll look fine...

Old 09-14-2010, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
Hmm is it just lower I guess bcuz I see no other difference lol.
The stock rubber washers there are two pieces and allow for some "bouncing". The anti-pogo's prevent that bounce and provide a more firm feel

Quick Reply: Finally lowering the monte...