Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

edelbrock suspension for a 79

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 07:36 AM
Default edelbrock suspension for a 79

hey all. I recently got a 79 monte. I posted a hello in the noob area some time ago. Anyway I was looking for a new suspension (front and rear) for my monte and found that edelbrock makes a full kit. I didn't see anything on the forum about the kit so I thought I should start a thread about it. Has anyone installed the kit for g-bodies? There are three varieties and I'm thinking about getting the pro touring kit. I wanted to know if edelbrock makes good suspension parts and if this kit was worth the $1500.

Also where the hell do y'all get carb rebuild kits? Im running the rochester dualjet 210 and i have only found one resource for a kit at http://www.carburetorfactory.com/kits_chevy.php

finally i wanted to add a little note about a guy i found who sells rear frame rails. I thought it was worth noting because it seems these rails rot out pretty quick and it can be costly to have new ones fabricated. http://www3.sympatico.ca/conradlozier/

Old 06-10-2012, 10:11 AM

I had to order a Tomco Rochester DualJet 210 from O' Reilly Auto Parts. They have two different versions of the same carb. I just purchased the one without the two electrical connectors that is on the front and on top on the left as you are looking at the carb. Mine was leaking and one of the tubes that went into the carb broke from the previous owner. I am now installing it and removing a bunch of vacuum tubes and such that is no longer required now days in my area.