Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6th Gen ('00-'05): Coilover installation!

Old 08-29-2014, 05:22 PM
1 Year Member
Exclamation Coilover installation!

I purchased ZZP wbody coiovers, im trying to go the DIY route but i dont have any clue of how to take out the stock suspension. is there any write ups of how to install coilovers? can someone point me into the right direction to installing coilovers?

Old 09-07-2014, 12:51 PM

What exactly do you mean by taking out the factory suspension?

Old 09-07-2014, 05:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Your doing coil overs? Nice, they are an odd bird to find for our cars, off hand don't remember other members who have done them. Your bound and determied to get your sweet Monte lowered one way or the other aren't you? That's the spirit, never give up, never surrender. To bad about the dumb sh*ts blowing you off on your bagged setup. bad news travels faster than good news. That would have been extra sweet to have had done on your Monte.

If you remove your oem struts as a whole unit, I would imagine your coilovers should install exactly in reverse of the oem struts you removed. Do they look so different than the factory struts that it is raising a question? I would think that if they come preloaded the swap out would be fairly easy. 2 bolts at the bottom and 3 bolts for the top. But I could be wrong, just not famaliar with any quirks the coilovers may present.