Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Air bagging.

Old 09-26-2006, 09:33 PM
Default Air bagging.

Well i have been buisy thinking about which direction i want to go with my 88 monte ls. and i decided i want the low mean look (almost like a lowrider minus all the gaudy stuff). and the more i though i realized that i already have trouble over bumps and lowering it would make it undriveable. so airbags are looking like the way to go. i was specifically looking at this kit http://www.airridepro.com/index.asp?...D&ProdID=78711 . i was just wondering if anyone had any experiance in this company or even just air ride in general.

Old 10-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Default RE: Air bagging.

I plan on bagging my '87 SS here in the next year or two myself, but I plan on going with Air Ride Technologies. They have a superior product, and proven track record. Sure it's more expensive, but you get what you pay for. Keep me posted as I'm interested in what you go with and how it works out for you.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:22 PM

I have a 4th gen monte as well that I have considered bagging before lol. Ive been around bagging s-10s for a few years now and have one of my own that is torn apart now. heres some pics... anyway I have noticed that the monte frame is very similar to the s10 frame and if you look at the one pic of my front suspension you could bagg a monte the same way, really easy. and the rear would be similar to a blazer. you would probaly have to tub it and defintly do a 3 or 4 link. If you search around www.s10forum.com you will get a good idea. Also www.bagginit.com is a good site for people new to bagging. Oh and I would deff not buy that kit from air ride pro. they are a deivison of aim industies and are the worst company out there as far as baggin anything. air ride tech is a good one but i buy all my stuff from www.suicidedoors.com there stuff is equal or better than air ride technologies and no they done have a monte kit but like i said you can do it pretty much the same as an s10 with very little trouble. hell sometimes we put g-body arms on our s-10s anyway. i should experiment and take the front baggs of my truck sence its apart and put them on the 83 monte ss just to see lol would look mean as hell.

edit: the pics didnt load i guess but they are on my putfile www.putfile.com/neel2008

Old 01-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i would check out www.easystreetair.com for some air bags as well, i've only heard good things about these air bags, no problems with them, even 4-5 years after they're installed. but i have heard problems from some of the no-name ones out there with them slowly leaking air out of them (ie.wont hold the car up for very long). personally if it was my own vehicle i would go with the best, you may have to pay a couple 100 bucks more, but then you know your getting premium stuff and that the company stands behind everything 100%

i know this isn't your get monte but here's a pic of a monte on bags

i love how that car sits

Old 01-12-2007, 04:59 PM

yea easy street air is airlift company, i have some of there gauges, theres baggs are ok but slam speciality bags are bar far the best on the market. the airlift/easystreet bellow type airbaggs sometimes have problems with the crimp ring in the middle of the bag coming off, i have seen it quite a few times witch is not good, means you need new baggs but whats on that monte is probaly a set of there air stuts. like i said if you get things though www.suicidedoors.com and order slam speciality bags though them you will be getting the best on the market for sure.