Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinion Needed: 24inch rims

Old 03-23-2019, 02:00 PM
Default 24inch rims

Im thinkin about putting 24 in rims on my 07 monte carlo and i have no clue where to start or what i have to do.

Old 03-29-2019, 02:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2009
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'd find the closest wheel shop that specializes in huge wheels and let them deal with it.

The big problem going that large is that you're not going to be able to maintain the factory overall wheel + tire height. IIRC, that's like 26.5" if it's the same as my 08 Impala was. On a 24", even a tiny 30 profile tire with a 225 width is going to be 3" taller overall which is no small amount. They'll have to ensure clearance for all that extra wheel while turning and going through full suspension compression, including while turning. That could require clearancing and modification to the fenders and suspension.

Also, so you're aware, that will have a notable impact on performance. The bigger tires have a similar effect to a lower final drive and the significant added mass will be harder to accelerate, stop, and corner.

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 03-29-2019 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Agreed with bumpin...

Don't forget the transmission will hate it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.