Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

== Rubber Matters: Tires Test ==

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 06:47 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question == Rubber Matters: Tires Test ==

<~ Tire companies encourage & approve "Burn Outs" LOL
================================================== ===================================

Rubber Matters: Tires Test <~Click for test + Video (For Winter/All Season/Summer Tires.
Interesting test 4-Sure...Check it `out `if you want to Stop Fast (& get rear ended from the dude in the back that didn't have good or the right tire (lol)<CLICK i `Vid< watch read to>

Why the right set of tires is more important than you think.
more

This tire talk
=================================
Member's, check our MCF Sponsor below to check
on their tires/rim's/more

Last edited by Space; 11-05-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:23 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Car owners need to replace their tires a few times over the life of a typical vehicle. Despite advances in longer-lasting tires, actual tread life will vary by car type, tire type (such as all-season or high-performance), driving aggressiveness, and even road and weather conditions. If you're looking for information about tires, Consumer Reports is your best resource. Consumer Reports’ tire reviews will give you honest buying advice that you can trust. Use our tire buying guide to discover which features are most important to consider. We also provide unbiased Ratings and tire reviews to help you choose the best tires for your needs.

Ratings & recommended tires

Performance all season tires (42)

Available in H- and V-speed rating, they are a step up from regular all season tires both in performance and price. They place emphasis on handling, though the trade-off tends to be shorter tread life. V-speed rated tires are tuned more for performan...
More
Recommended performance all season tires
Performance all season tire Ratings

All season tires (20)

All season tires are the most popular type and typically come with an S- and T-speed rating. They are standard on many sedans and minivans, and are designed to handle most conditions including dry and wet pavement and light to moderate snow. They als...
More
Recommended all season tires
All season tire Ratings

Ultra high performance all season tires (20)

Available in the highest speed ratings of ZR with sub-speed rating categories of W and Y, these tires deliver high levels of dry and wet grip and handling, but give up some for some light duty winter traction. Like summer tires they offer a stiffer ... More
Recommended ultra high performance all season tires
Ultra high performance all season tire Ratings

Ultra high performance summer tires (23)

Available in the highest speed ratings of ZR with sub-speed rating categories of W and Y, these tires deliver the ultimate dry and wet grip and handling. But the penalty is often a stiff ride, short tread life, and a hefty price. As the name implies,... More
Recommended ultra high performance summer tires
Ultra high performance summer tire Ratings

All season truck tires (23)

Consumer Reports tests passenger car tires designed for light trucks. These tires are commonly used on SUV's and light duty pickups. They are designed to handle most conditions including dry and wet pavement and light to moderate snow, well. They a... More
Recommended all season truck tires
All season truck tire Ratings

All terrain truck tires (13)

Consumer Reports tests passenger car tires designed for light trucks. These are the tires commonly used on SUV's and light duty pickups. All terrain models differ from all season tires, in that they have a more aggressive tread pattern intended for ... More
Recommended all terrain truck tires
All terrain truck tire Ratings

Winter tires (16)

Winter tires have a tread with more biting edges for better grip on snow and ice than all season tires, and many have a softer rubber compound that remains flexible in extremely cold temperatures. But on cleared roads, they might not grip as well as ...
More
Recommended winter tires
Winter tire Ratings

Performance winter tires (15)

Similar features to regular winter tires, but many of these performance winter tires come in sizes and speed ratings of H and higher for cars that use performance tire in warmer months. Performance winter tires have higher levels of snow and ice grip... More
Recommended performance winter tires
Performance winter tire Ratings

Recently reviewed tires

<DL style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; LIST-STYLE-TYPE: none; MARGIN: 0px; OUTLINE-STYLE: none; OUTLINE-COLOR: invert; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; OUTLINE-WIDTH: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; FONT: 11px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px"><DD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; TEXT-ALIGN: center; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; MARGIN: 0px 17px 0px 0px; OUTLINE-STYLE: none; OUTLINE-COLOR: invert; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; OUTLINE-WIDTH: 0px; WIDTH: 21px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; FONT: 11px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; FLOAT: left; HEIGHT: 126px; VISIBILITY: visible; CLEAR: none; VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline; OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-TOP: 0px; CURSOR: pointer; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" id=FEATURED_LEFT class=arrow></DD><DD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; TEXT-ALIGN: center; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; MARGIN: 10px 17px 0px 0px; OUTLINE-STYLE: none; OUTLINE-COLOR: invert; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; OUTLINE-WIDTH: 0px; WIDTH: 97px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; FONT: 11px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; FLOAT: left; CLEAR: none; VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" id=featured_dd_0>Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S G012</DD><DD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; TEXT-ALIGN: center; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; MARGIN: 10px 17px 0px 0px; OUTLINE-STYLE: none; OUTLINE-COLOR: invert; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; OUTLINE-WIDTH: 0px; WIDTH: 97px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; FONT: 11px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; FLOAT: left; CLEAR: none; VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" id=featured_dd_1>Continental Extreme Contact DW</DD><DD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; TEXT-ALIGN: center; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; MARGIN: 10px 17px 0px 0px; OUTLINE-STYLE: none; OUTLINE-COLOR: invert; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; OUTLINE-WIDTH: 0px; WIDTH: 97px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; FONT: 11px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; FLOAT: left; CLEAR: none; VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" id=featured_dd_2>Bridgestone Potenza RE 050 A Pole Position</DD><DD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; TEXT-ALIGN: center; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; MARGIN: 10px 17px 0px 0px; OUTLINE-STYLE: none; OUTLINE-COLOR: invert; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; OUTLINE-WIDTH: 0px; WIDTH: 97px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; FONT: 11px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; FLOAT: left; CLEAR: none; VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" id=featured_dd_3>Firestone Winterforce UV</DD><DD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; TEXT-ALIGN: center; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 1px; OUTLINE-STYLE: none; OUTLINE-COLOR: invert; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; OUTLINE-WIDTH: 0px; WIDTH: 22px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; FONT: 11px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; FLOAT: right; HEIGHT: 126px; VISIBILITY: visible; CLEAR: none; VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline; OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-TOP: 0px; CURSOR: pointer; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" id=FEATURED_RIGHT class=arrow2></DD></DL>

Tire buying guide

Despite advances in longer-lasting tires, actual tread life will vary by car type, tire type (such as all season or high performance), driving aggressiveness, and even road and weather conditions. Car owners still need to replace their tires a few times or more throughout the life of a typical vehicle. As the adage goes, nothing lasts forever.
Proper maintenance and responsible driving can maximize the mileage in a set of tires. Monthly tread inspections can inform when the tires warrant replacement, well in advance of the federally mandated tread... Read more

Getting started | Types | Features | Brands | Tire maintenance | Early warning signs of tire failure | Nitrogen in tires | Run-flats

Old 11-06-2012, 06:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Great Post Space!
I was surprised at the results! To say the least....
Id be curious to see them do the test with our front wheel drive Montes...
and see what kinda results youd get? Since most vehicles today are front wheel drive!

Old 11-06-2012, 07:10 AM

consumer reports i also read as well when they have a test on tires because tire composet always improve from the last. i mean tech wise advance means better way to make the tires. i have michelen for my truck and mustang they seemed they have been lasting longer but i only put may be 22k on a 50k tires. the next time i will be getting tires will be probably going threw what is the best rating for tread and the life over all. my dad got 89k on his michelens that were rated 60k. i am impressed but i would have to do more home work as well try to save as much as possible.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:29 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

IMO:
Theres only 3 things to get the most out of your tires,

Proper air pressures
Proper balance
and regular rotations (every 3 thousand miles)
I have a road hazard package from BelleTire.
That allows me to do this..
My tires are Guaranteed for as long as I own my Vehicle!

For Example:
My toyo ATs on my truck are 25,000 mile tires
That I have well over 70,000 miles on.

REGULAR MAINTENANCE PAYS OFF!

Old 11-06-2012, 02:16 PM

i completly agree. i rotated my tires on my monty and dads mazda6 today i was going to do mine till i noticed he took my monty while he was backing away he said do my mazda next. he left me stumped i hid my spare keys unless oh wait he did he made anouther set as a spare man he is slick.

Old 11-06-2012, 02:17 PM

i ment i was going to do the silverado's next. thats when i noticed him backing away the monty after i did it.