Showcase Your Ride Post Photo-shoots, Videos, Sound Clips about your ride!

Post Your Modified Monte!

Old 07-11-2014, 02:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks Cocky3800, your car sure does look fresh too!

Old 07-11-2014, 09:35 PM

To me a modified car is one that has at least 25% more horsepower than original. Handles better and can eleminate other cars of the same kind In original condition with ease. Such examples are turbo monte and zippy, franks 03ss too. But the rest of the crowd here only do exhaust and intake and any one who knows cars knows that's hardly an increase in power if any. Lights, body kits, wheels, etc. those are only cosmetic changes and IMO that isn't exactly modified it's just customized. So again IMO the OP only has a partially customized MC and almost all of us do but only maybe 5 active members here Have a"modified" Monte Carlo.

Last edited by Habbibie; 07-11-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:53 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Habbibie
To me a modified car is one that has at least 25% more horsepower than original. Handles better and can eleminate other cars of the same kind In original condition with ease. Such examples are turbo monte and zippy, franks 03ss too. But the rest of the crowd here only do exhaust and intake and any one who knows cars knows that's hardly an increase in power if any. Lights, body kits, wheels, etc. those are only cosmetic changes and IMO that isn't exactly modified it's just customized. So again IMO the OP only has a partially customized MC and almost all of us do but only maybe 5 active members here Have a"modified" Monte Carlo.
This has to be one of the most ignorant things ever posted on this page lmao

Modifications are altering an object from its stock form. I believe everything that you listed is doing just that.

Your statement is like saying your BMW isn't a German car. It just makes zero sense when any type of logic is applied.

Old 07-12-2014, 12:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by red04montels
Modifications are altering an object from its stock form. I believe everything that you listed is doing just that.
I have to agree with the intent behind Mitch's statement that I quoted. I am not trying to start a fire or put fuel on it, I understand the term "modified" means many things to many people.
For example, per the rules of the GM Nationals, a car being entered into a modified class and not the stock class, has 3 or more changes from stock. This includes, wheels, paint scheme, stereo, engine, pretty much ANY three changes that are clearly not stock.

When someone says "modified" to me, I don't automatically assume anything other then something is no longer stock. You can have a car with one or two mods, up to lightly modified, heavily modified. It can be mild to wild, it can be all show or it can be all go or a combination of the two.

Bottom line, the term modified can hold many different degrees of how modified is it. And some mods you'll never see because they are all internal mods, such as custom porting.

I know some people that don't feel my car is modified at all and should be considered stock and if that's how you feel, then it is what it is.

Habbibie, I'm sure you meant no disrespect to the many members here on MCF.com, but I believe many people may strongly disagree with your opinion about what should be considered modified.

Last edited by The_Maniac; 07-12-2014 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:51 PM

10 Year Member

Here's a list of what mods I've done over the years (and I have details on my web site):
Performance Mods
UMI Performance Rear Trailing Arms
ZZPerformance 2.5" Downpipe w/ High Flow Cat
L67 Coil Packs
ZZPerformance ER Rockers
ZZPerformance HV3 High Velocity Intake Insert
ZZPerformance Power Log/PLOG
Port Matched Lower Intake with Aluminum Gaskets (prepped early 2011)
Tuned PCM
Exhaust Resonator Delete
Energy Suspension Front Sway Bar Bushings and End Links
ZZP Front and Rear Strut Tower Braces
Wizaired Cold Air Induction
WBodyStore Poly Radiator & Dog Bone Bushings
Powder Coated Brakes/Goodridge Flex Lines
L26 Aluminum Upper Intake & Custom L67 Throttle Body

Appearance/Entertainment Mods
Aluminum Pedals
Custom Door Sills
GM MP3 Radio 10348717 (not offered on the Monte)
Late 4th Gen v6 F-Body Polished Aluminum Valve Covers
Two Tone Interior
7th Gen ('06-'07) Vertical Spoiler
Red Steering Wheel BowTie
Trunk Trim (used in '00/'01 Montes)
Silver Monte Carlo Quarter Panel Emblems
Moda MD8 18" 10-spoke rims and Kumho Tires
Limited Edition Speedo Overlay
Black leather wrapped shifter (from a Bonneville)
Powder Coated Diagonal Braces
Silver lower grill paint
Custom Third Brake Light
Cluster bezel with red rings
Magnaflow Exhaust Tips (Part #35123)
Four Note Cadillac Horns

For more information about the L26 intake swap and the custom porting, check thies thread out (it's very pic heavy, but has everything about the swap, including information about GM having two different L26 UIMs):
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/he...c-heavy-48949/

Attached Thumbnails Post Your Modified Monte!-img_8732.jpg   Post Your Modified Monte!-img_8241.jpg   Post Your Modified Monte!-img_7198.jpg   Post Your Modified Monte!-img_2790.jpg   Post Your Modified Monte!-img_8736.jpg  

Old 07-12-2014, 02:06 PM

Woah nice monte the_manic!

Old 07-12-2014, 04:46 PM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Chevrolet
Woah nice monte the_manic!
Thanks

Like everyone here, I have poured a lot of time and effort into my Monte. Sometimes I find it hard to believe I've owned it for about 6 years now.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:50 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
Here's a list of what mods I've done over the years (and I have details on my web site):
Performance Mods
UMI Performance Rear Trailing Arms
ZZPerformance 2.5" Downpipe w/ High Flow Cat
L67 Coil Packs
ZZPerformance ER Rockers
ZZPerformance HV3 High Velocity Intake Insert
ZZPerformance Power Log/PLOG
Port Matched Lower Intake with Aluminum Gaskets (prepped early 2011)
Tuned PCM
Exhaust Resonator Delete
Energy Suspension Front Sway Bar Bushings and End Links
ZZP Front and Rear Strut Tower Braces
Wizaired Cold Air Induction
WBodyStore Poly Radiator & Dog Bone Bushings
Powder Coated Brakes/Goodridge Flex Lines
L26 Aluminum Upper Intake & Custom L67 Throttle Body

Appearance/Entertainment Mods
Aluminum Pedals
Custom Door Sills
GM MP3 Radio 10348717 (not offered on the Monte)
Late 4th Gen v6 F-Body Polished Aluminum Valve Covers
Two Tone Interior
7th Gen ('06-'07) Vertical Spoiler
Red Steering Wheel BowTie
Trunk Trim (used in '00/'01 Montes)
Silver Monte Carlo Quarter Panel Emblems
Moda MD8 18" 10-spoke rims and Kumho Tires
Limited Edition Speedo Overlay
Black leather wrapped shifter (from a Bonneville)
Powder Coated Diagonal Braces
Silver lower grill paint
Custom Third Brake Light
Cluster bezel with red rings
Magnaflow Exhaust Tips (Part #35123)
Four Note Cadillac Horns

For more information about the L26 intake swap and the custom porting, check thies thread out (it's very pic heavy, but has everything about the swap, including information about GM having two different L26 UIMs):
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/he...c-heavy-48949/

And wow thats awesome man!!! Thats everything i wanna eventually do to mine!!!!!!

Old 07-12-2014, 06:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

here is turbo monte

Name:  IMG_4748.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  208.7 KB
Name:  IMG_4786.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  263.9 KB
Name:  photoshoot2012-15.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  63.7 KB

mod list:

8.5:1 compression pistons, cylinders bored .030 over, l67 rods, arp fasteners, double roller, machined oil pump cover, stage 5 turbo cam, stage 3 heads, manley valves, 130# springs, titanium retainers, counter balance shaft delete, l26 plenum, 65lb injectors, racetronics pump and rewire, braided lines, alky/meth kit, electric water pump, voltage booster, adjustable afc, dual aeroforce scan gauges, aem boost/vac, aem fuel pressure, aem failsafe wideband, hardened pump shaft, GMR channel plate sleeve, GMR 1" chain set, GMR aermet 800hp input shaft, GMR 300m output shaft, GMR torsen diff, 2800 cartuning performance stall converter, TEP stage 2 valve body/ channel plate upgrades, shift kit, TEP upgraded input,2nd,3rd clutches, hardened 4th gear hub, Cartuning trans pan spacer, Zzp finned aluminum trans pan. Intercooled cartuning turbo kit with a turbonetics t66 turbo, 2.5" intercooler charge pipes, 3" down pipe with electronic cutout, Cartuning turbo headers, cross over and dp header wrapped. flowmaster cat back, cross drilled/slotted rotors, body kit, spoiler, rims, custom interior tinted windows head/ tail lights, back seat removal, fiberglassed trunk sub enclosure, netami seats with 5-point harness.

Old 07-12-2014, 07:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You do realize that Franks 03SS has an L26, right? Last time I checked, that's not 25% more horsepower than original. Why are you hatin on the OPs car anyway?

Only 5 people up here have modified Montes. LOL

How ever will the rest of them beat Audis and Ferraris?

Last edited by nitehawkjcb; 07-13-2014 at 10:43 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Post Your Modified Monte!