Showcase Your Ride Post Photo-shoots, Videos, Sound Clips about your ride!

My Tribute Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default My Daytona Car as it is now.

Old 06-23-2020, 09:19 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Cool A few I have seen

Originally Posted by Andretti
Wow you did a great job on that looks fantastic. You can only imagine how many I have taken a picture with. So many great fans of the Intimidator. I have a few shots of 3 Car street Cars to share.

This one was done by Dale E. Chev. and it was auctioned back in 2000 and I think it went to Texas.

This one I found on Craiglist down in Missouri back in 2014 I almost bought it I think it had 46K miles on it. But when I drove it the Trans was slipping a bit.

Some one sent me this photo

Lumina I took a photo with.

5th Gen Monte I drove in a parade.

Old 06-23-2020, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
Talking Nice Photos

I love the 5th Gen Picture, It is eerie seeing you behind the wheel, that is truly when the resemblance is almost un-noticeable.
The car in the showroom, just has racing decals everywhere. My goal from the get go was to remain true to his Daytona car.
The only Sponsors missing now are the front quarter panels. Like you, I look for other owners / pictures. No two cars ever seem to be exactly the same.
I am going to make it a mission to get a picture of you with my Intimidator. I look more like Santa.

Old 06-23-2020, 06:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by Andretti
I love the 5th Gen Picture, It is eerie seeing you behind the wheel, that is truly when the resemblance is almost un-noticeable.
The car in the showroom, just has racing decals everywhere. My goal from the get go was to remain true to his Daytona car.
The only Sponsors missing now are the front quarter panels. Like you, I look for other owners / pictures. No two cars ever seem to be exactly the same.
I am going to make it a mission to get a picture of you with my Intimidator. I look more like Santa.
I have had some interesting episodes over the years! Some times they just Stare at me.
Other times I get that did anyone ever tell you that you look like Dale thing. Then I usually reply back " Who's he!" I love the confused look on there face at that point.

I have and still do think that it would be very rude to show up at a track dressed up in the uniform and I have never done that.

But I can imagine that after the February 01 500 every fellow with a Mustache and a pair of Gargoyle sunglasses showed up some place to be a nuisance.

I had a similar experience with an SUV. I am bopping down the interstate doing at least 80 my son is riding shot gun, This SUV/ VAN passes us and then slows down for me to catch up.
Michigan plates and they actually opened the door to take the photo. I hate when they do that cause I am afraid if I look I will turn into them.
My son said roll down your window so they can take a photo or more. Then he said they want you to look at them. Lol funny stuff.

Old 06-23-2020, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
Default I've got chills...

Those 3 pictures... Oh my God!

You are his twin. I think it is very respectful of you not to wear his uniform to a race track. However, I don't think it would be a bad thing if you wore his jacket. Next year it will be the 20th Anniversary. Now what would be a cool tribute is you in my car taking a lap around the track. I have his flag that could be displayed off the car. Like Mario Andretti does for Honda at Indy.