Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Stoopid Cooper faster?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 06:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Haha yeah I know what you mean. I have a FWI and exhaust and the car screams at WOT. It definately feels quicker than it is. Unfortunately its not the lack of power that kills us its the poor gearing. The RPMs drop way too low when it shifts into the next gear. If only they still put the 5 speed behind the LQ1 when they put it in the montes then it would be a whole different animal.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:56 PM

I totally agree, it would be worth the money having one custom built if there were more performance parts available for the motor. I asked about a lighter flexplate (on this forum or another one I can't remember) and if it would even be an option but that idea got shot down pretty quick. Apparently it would be pointless really.... FYI I don't know too much about transmissions, enough to take one out and put in another. I'm workin on that though. A T-56 tranny for the LQ1 would be killer. A Monte with a 6-speed manual, never happen I know

Old 09-14-2009, 07:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

An F40 6 speed from a g6 gtp would bolt up to the LQ1 but thats just as rare of a tranny as the 284. The swap has been done before in a w-body. It would take alot of time, patience, trial and error but it would definately be cool. The 284 would be an easier swap if you could find a lumina Z34 donor but they no longer make parts for the tranny so if you break it you are pretty screwed. It usually boils down that its not really a good investment for a manual swap in a W body. High cost, it takes a good amount of know how and you really dont increase the resale at all on the car so if you ever sell you will lose all that time and money invested. Gah if I could only go back in time and talk some sense into the GM techs...

Old 09-14-2009, 07:17 PM

Oh yeah I suppose, I wasn't really thinkin about a logical swap like that. They shoulda kept the rear wheel drive too, that's why I thought of the T-56. I guess I'll just have to settle with the auto tranny n get over it. I'll just have to buy another Mustang. Besides, I love my Monte to death even though it's kind of a piece right now and I'm not workin so all I can do is dream about the future

Old 09-15-2009, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Supercharger on a 3.1...

I would like to sneak a B & M supercharger on my 3.1 '98 Monte without
my Mini Super Cooper neighbor knowing. That would be so cool.

My father & I put a "Procharger" on his Black '96 LT1 Z-28. It's bad! Damn
it's real hard to work on now.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:16 PM

You and him should go out and race one day. On the strip of course....

Old 09-15-2009, 09:43 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I owned an 06 auto and my fiance owns an 06 manual Cooper S. Even if your neighbor had the John Cooper works package installed (rated at around 210 hp tops) your monte would still beat his, and don't call it a Soopid Cooper. I really liked my Mini, but rode like crap (a very rough riding car cause of the wheels and suspension combo). He would probably beat you if you had a road race or auto X cause those Coopers are great handling cars.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:09 AM
Default Super Cooper...

Originally Posted by AwsomeSS
I owned an 06 auto and my fiance owns an 06 manual Cooper S. Even if your neighbor had the John Cooper works package installed (rated at around 210 hp tops) your monte would still beat his, and don't call it a Soopid Cooper. I really liked my Mini, but rode like crap (a very rough riding car cause of the wheels and suspension combo). He would probably beat you if you had a road race or auto X cause those Coopers are great handling cars.

It's not really the car I have a problem with. It's my STOOPID Neighbor!
He's says he's never lost a street race. I asked him if he would like to
run my L48 350 Berlinettta & he's never took me up on it.

Everything he owns is better than anyone else in the neighborhood.
One time I called it the "Sooper Dooper Pooper Scooper Cooper"- Just
see what kind of reaction I could get out of him! It was great!

My other neighbor has a ****subushi - I mean a Mitsubishi ?? Ha haha!
My wife has a ****zuki Sidekick...

Anyway. Nothing agaist the vehicle. everything against the neighbor's
attitude!

Old 09-16-2009, 10:05 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Is this the same A-hole neighboor with the Honda Ridgeline truck that thinks your Monte is a clunker??? i've said it before, and will say it again...screw him. LOL

Old 09-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Default Same Dude!

Originally Posted by MAMONTE
Is this the same A-hole neighboor with the Honda Ridgeline truck that thinks your Monte is a clunker??? i've said it before, and will say it again...screw him. LOL
Hahahhaa! Yep. Same Douche.