Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

New Camaro got OWNED!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 12:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 2003SSmonte
haha yeah im not a fan of people doing that either but it is their own opinion on their own car... everyone thinks mine isnt a real ss too because its "not supercharged" but they just dont understand how the monte carlo gen's work lol
Did they even offer the Supercharger in '03? I know they did in '04 but it was an option. You could still get a non-supercharged SS in '04, then in '05 SS meant supercharged.

That's why I wanted an '06 or '07 though, I wanted the V8.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:51 PM

what i wanna know is why they are SS's but they dont have a supercharger?! that doesnt make sense to me, SS is suppose to be supercharged duh! i love the new SS Camaro, they should of continued the Monte

Old 09-22-2009, 10:14 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by sonin66
what i wanna know is why they are SS's but they dont have a supercharger?! that doesnt make sense to me, SS is suppose to be supercharged duh! i love the new SS Camaro, they should of continued the Monte
SS doesn't mean supercharged, it means "I HUGE ***** UNDER MY HOOD!"

Except on certain cars...like the non-supercharged Monte's and Cobalt's. Those just mean, "My owner wanted to look pretty but didn't have enough money for the rest of the package" LOL.

And yes, I'm dissing my own mother there, since she used to own a non-supercharged SS.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by MouSe
SS doesn't mean supercharged, it means "I HUGE ***** UNDER MY HOOD!"

Except on certain cars...like the non-supercharged Monte's and Cobalt's. Those just mean, "My owner wanted to look pretty but didn't have enough money for the rest of the package" LOL.

And yes, I'm dissing my own mother there, since she used to own a non-supercharged SS.
My SS sounds and acts like the SS name should be, even if I'm NOT boosted.

And if you didn't get a supercharged Cobalt SS, then you got a Turbocharged Cobalt SS :P

Old 09-22-2009, 12:20 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep

And if you didn't get a supercharged Cobalt SS, then you got a Turbocharged Cobalt SS :P
Riiiiiiiight, tell that to the Chevy dealer up the street from me. When the Cobalt first came out the SS was supercharged. Then they made it an option, and made the SS an "appearance package". They did to SS the same thing did to Z71...made it an appearance package and didn't back up the badge half the time.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:01 PM

Just got back from goin to get smokes from the gas station and had a nice little experience, I thought of this thread and wanted to share... So I got 96 Z34 that's kind of a piece and in no way ready for racing. There's a young kid in town (16 or 17) that loves to tear around town in his 98 or so Camaro SS. He's got exhaust, a gay body kit, a ridiculous lookin wing, maybe a couple engine mods, and I think it's the 6-speed. Anyway, I pulled out of the gas station and happened to pull up next to him at the main stop light in town. I'm mindin my own business waitin for the light to turn green and he starts revvin the **** outta that poor car. Of course it caught my attention and when I looked over at him he was mean muggin me (it looked more like he just got somethin shoved up his @$$) and then asked me to race. Just for the hell of it I said sure, as soon as the light turned green I floored it and actually pulled him off the line pretty good. He got traction and blew by me after like 50 feet, I just let off the gas cuz I obviously lost when all of a sudden I heard a loud noise and seen smoke rollin off the Camaro. I drove past laughin, but turned around to see what happened and to help cuz I'm a nice guy like that. Turns out he threw a rod and toasted the motor. There were parts layin on the road and oil all over, it was pretty funny. I told him for $5/hour I'd teach him proper automotive etiquette and for an additional $8/hour I'd teach him how to drive. I said it jokingly (although I really meant it), I could tell it pissed him off so I offered to help but he refused so I left

Last edited by Nick07; 09-22-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member

options. its all about options.
2003 monte's didnt come supercharged nor had the option to, but that doesnt mean you cant. thats been shown. see below.

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
Riiiiiiiight, tell that to the Chevy dealer up the street from me.
thats kind of contridictary, seeing as chevy made the car, and put the badging on it from the factory. if you dont like the way that chevy made them, maybe you should try a mustang.
dont think you are cream of the crop because of the reasons you drive a V8 monte. i wouldnt drive a V8 monte, simply because they have virtually 0 aftermarket parts available. i like to work on and fix up my car, the way i think it should be. to each their own. dont try to be on the forums and diss other peoples monte's ON A MONTE CARLO FORUM. remember, you own one too.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

If you really want to get under MouSe's skin just make fun of his non-functional stick on hood scoop.... lol...

I'm obviously joking, because I really like your car, but 2003SuperSport is completely right. OK, we have a V8 Monte, big deal. Yes it's nice because in most people's (car people) eyes this is how a true SS should be, but don't take away from what other SS cars are, except for the HHR, that thing should rot. And we DO have aftermarket support, it's just pretty expensive if you want to go insane. We have a turbo kit, but it's $5,000+ to buy plus everything else you'd need. Our cars can be faster it just takes more money and effort because nothing is really made specific for our cars, it's more trial and error or custom work. I don't know this from doing though, I only know from reading info on ls1Tech.com.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10
Awesome kill! I still really want a Mustang GT. For some reason I haven't been able to really "race" anyone with the Monte.
Any GT with a 5-speed manual is easy to kill. I still haven't gone head to head with an auto tranny one.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:31 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

There is NO WAY your LTZ can kill a newer model GT in any transmission configuration, unless the driver doesn't know what he's doing. Or are you saying I should be able to kill it with my SS, because I honestly don't think it's going to "kill" it. I think it'll be fairly even.

Quick Reply: New Camaro got OWNED!