Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

my 97 vs a 06 cobalt ss

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 10:19 PM
Default RE: my 97 vs a 06 cobalt ss

scc24540 - i'm gunnu have to dispute your theory of what originally happened.

imagine youre in your cobalt, cruisin at your usual 85mph for fun. pass a monte carlo.... next thing ya know he's overtaking you at 110mph!. what a d**k! then this weirdo slows way the hell down to 45 again.

i dunno about you but i'd probly be runnin about 85 again, and not be worring about how this guy feels if i cut him off.

Old 07-14-2007, 06:44 AM
Photobucket

my theory of what happened was i was drivin up hwy 41 goin home at 50ish. this guy pulls off of one of the side roads and roars past, so i roar past him in return. when i slow down because the roads are sick twisty and my turnoff is coming up he roars past and jerks into my lane i guess he thought he proved something i dunno. but if i was lookin to start some mess or race i can guarantee it aint gonna be on 41, its gonna be either on riverside dr or richmond hwy aka hwy 360

Old 07-14-2007, 07:49 PM

scc, I hate it when people do dumb things after they have been defeated.
The area I work is all corporate centers, so there is pleanty of CEO/CFO type A personalities with their Audi's and BMW 7 series.Most of them try to prove something once they pull up next to me. Well I let them have it condition permitting. Once there is no need to race anymore I lay off the gas and of course they pass by and get in my lane or get behind me and ride my tail trying to prove something.
I personally think its a complex or a mental condition, always trying to be ahead of the guy next to you.

Me If I get beat so be it.
It is just afriendly race for fun. No prizes.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:29 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

racers got to understand... if you race, you will eventually lose, just accept it.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:28 AM

Well if it was supercharged scc24540your monte would not have had a chance. Your's is a 3.4 isn't it? No way you would have beaten him. And FYI an SS Cobalt can be supercharged or not....so make sure you know what you're racing.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Photobucket

ORIGINAL: cain45

Well if it was supercharged scc24540your monte would not have had a chance. Your's is a 3.4 isn't it? No way you would have beaten him. And FYI an SS Cobalt can be supercharged or not....so make sure you know what you're racing.
no sir mine isnt a 3100 or a 3400, when i blew that pos 3100 to hell i wont gonna go back with such a pathetic excuse for an engine. so a engine wiring harness and computer later i have something else in there, and if need be ill flip a switch but naaah. only me and our july motm know whats under the hood

Old 07-18-2007, 11:52 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

haha gotta love excuses, havent gotten one of those b4 but i have been told that i won because i cheated

Kind of like.......

"I can't race you cause the car's set up for drifting right now."
or.........
"I can't race you cause the car's set up for autocross right now."

EXCUSES!!!

Old 07-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Photobucket

or kinda like "my brakes didnt release fast enough" HAHAHAHAHAH

Old 07-19-2007, 10:22 PM

My neighbor next door has an SVT Mustang, supercharged...about 400hp at the wheels. He's fast - waaaay faster than my 3400 Monte - but I know that. We're coming home from a cruise next last week, we're tooling along I-94 at 105mph, my nose right up under his *** (I was drafting him to keep up, honest). We pass this punk in a Jeep Grand Cherokee who decided he wanted to play. I look in my rear-view (I'm 5 feet from the Mustang's tail) and there's the Jeep...looking like a damned 747 coming in on final. It's rocking and swaying back and forth, so I slide over to the right (because it's lookin' very unsafe) and the kid decided to draft my buddy's 'Stang. Next thing I know - the Stang is gone...he's easily doin' 120, probably more. The Jeep backs off and slides over, obviously beaten badly, so I pull out and go by him about 100 or so, then he decides it's time to mess with me. My buddy and I have been driving competitively together for years, so we know how each other think when we're up close. I don't know this bozo, or his flying deathtrap...so I back off. I catch up to my buddy and we pull offat our exit. We stop at the local BP station just off the highway and the Jeep pulls in behind us. Kid gets out, maybe 18 or 19, and starts razzing us about how our "rides weren't so hot after all". Both my buddy and I looking at this kid and his rusted out '94 Grand Cherokee with bald tires and a cracked windshield, and my buddy tells him "we backed off to prevent you from killing yourself, or worse yet, somebody else".

With this the kid actually challenged us to race for pink slips! Talk about stupid...We kinda laughed at him and my buddy tells him, "you come back when you've got a car worth racing". That gets the kid mad and now he wants to drop gloves in the parking lot. Two ex-college football players with military backgrounds squaring off against a 150lb. 19-year old.

We laughed it off and walked into the store...the kid gets into his Jeep and peels out of the parking lot - right past a State Trooper. Lights are on, sirens are on, and the last we saw of the wonderboy, he was being chased down I-94...

The moral of the story- hell, there's no moral. It's just that most people are 'stuck on stupid' MOST of the time.

These punks in their rice burners - the ones with the attitudes - they've got something to prove because they're trying to find where they fit into the pack. They can't run with the old guys with the 454s and blowers because they don't have the time, patience, money, or skills, so they put perfume on pigs and hook their laptops up to their Honda Civics. They're not all like that - there's some serious tuners making some serious horsepower out there - but they aren't the ones with the attitudes. They're kinda like us - they got nothing to prove, they know they're fast - and they know when to pick their battles.

Wish I could say the same for the vast majority of the wannabees out there.

Jeff

Old 07-20-2007, 06:42 AM
Photobucket

AMEN brotha

Quick Reply: my 97 vs a 06 cobalt ss