Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

my 97 vs a 06 cobalt ss

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 06:47 AM
Photobucket
Default my 97 vs a 06 cobalt ss

cruzing home after work not bothering anybody and a cobalt ss comes roaring by me full throttle so i goose it catch up floor it roar past then get up to 110 and hit the brakes and im thinking "ok this boy knows hes whooped" and after i slow down to 45 he does the roaring thing past me flies over into my lane cutting me off and flys away like he did something.

now answer me this whats the deal with people flying past u after youve proven that you are completely better then they are, is it a way to make them feel like they have done something or what

anybody know?

Old 07-13-2007, 09:04 AM
Default RE: my 97 vs a 06 cobalt ss

Youre completely right, but seems to be kind of a little car thing. I raced a z28 last night nose to nose at 100+ over a quarter mile and there was mutual respect for both machines the dude was mad cool. Any time i destroy a rice burner or cavalier they always tear off at the next light... its kinda childish...

Old 07-13-2007, 09:07 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

lol i always wondered that myself chris you'd think they'd want to stay away! lol

Old 07-13-2007, 09:15 AM
Photobucket

didnt even wanna race him but i aint gonna let someone blow by me like that thinking they got something. but it never ceases to amaze me anytime i blow a car away they hafta wait till ive slowed down or stopped or turning or something and vroom like they got no sense. was kinda fun tho doin 110 on those curvy mountain roads [sm=gears.gif]

Old 07-13-2007, 10:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

was it a supercharged cobalt or no??

Old 07-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Photobucket

duno boss all i know is that it was loud as crap and had SS badging on it so prolly

Old 07-13-2007, 04:23 PM

---Start Rant---

Yah, I'm not surprised. If I paid 20 some thousand bucks for a car like that, I'd try to impress people too. Even though the SUPERCHARGED SS Cobalts only rate a 6.3 0-60 time. Ur little "friend" probably had the fart cans strapped on the end to make it SOUND fast. I HATE ricers

I think I'm gonna start a website called antiricers.com

Raced a ford turbo diesel super duty truck or somethin like that, and that thing HAULED. Every red light, we would peel out, and meet up at the next red light, laughing. It's alot more fun when the other guy is a good sport about it. I HATE sore losers.

Scc24540, I am SURE that you and he will meet again. SMOKE him next time.

---End Rant---

Old 07-13-2007, 08:07 PM
Photobucket

ORIGINAL: ExplosiveSoundz

---Start Rant---

Yah, I'm not surprised. If I paid 20 some thousand bucks for a car like that, I'd try to impress people too. Even though the SUPERCHARGED SS Cobalts only rate a 6.3 0-60 time. Ur little "friend" probably had the fart cans strapped on the end to make it SOUND fast. I HATE ricers

I think I'm gonna start a website called antiricers.com

Raced a ford turbo diesel super duty truck or somethin like that, and that thing HAULED. Every red light, we would peel out, and meet up at the next red light, laughing. It's alot more fun when the other guy is a good sport about it. I HATE sore losers.

Scc24540, I am SURE that you and he will meet again. SMOKE him next time.

---End Rant---

haha ur right and wrong bout stuff, he aint my friend u wrong lol

and yeah he has a fartpipe so large i could park my gocart inside it and keep it out of the weather lol. but yeah it sounded like a hive of bees had gas

and thing was i did smoke him i was doin 110 when i looked in the rear view and he was a speck so i slammed brakes and waited.........and waited and then VROOOOOOOOOOM there he goes and im like screw it let him live in his fantasy world here. and the thing is my car is a 97 LS BUT its got a surprise under the hood and only me and Mike H. know about mua hahahaha

p.s.

www.ricecop.com you'll love that

and call me Chris

Old 07-13-2007, 09:17 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

no no no... you guys don't know (or most likely, just haven't mentioned yet) what is bad... when they try to make excuses. I raced a 02 V6 Mustang. I beat him by about 6 car lengths 2 times. He claimed he let me win the first time. Then after that he called me on teh phone (friend of mine, naturally) and he said hsi car was only running on 4 cylinders. NOT ONLY that, but he had somebody else in another Mustang behind his with his phone recording the race while we were going. The video mysteriosuly just didn't save into the phone after this guy took it. He called me later and said he didn't want to say anything in front of everybody esle becasue "you might have been having problems too". i responded "yeah, i was only running on 3 cylinders."

he believed me...

Old 07-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Photobucket

haha gotta love excuses, havent gotten one of those b4 but i have been told that i won because i cheated

Quick Reply: my 97 vs a 06 cobalt ss