Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

first real test for my Monte

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
yea every race the distance got farther between us as I got a little better at launching my car in the freezing cold. It was pretty bad by the end of the third race. I was hoping when i first saw it that it had an ls1 in it but once i got closer I knew it was a little too old. hopefully next time. but either way i love proving people my car can hang with them when they least expect it.

Ahh, I like hearing that people are HOPING to run into an LS1. I welcome a race from any kind of competition. An LS1 vs LS4 race would be a good run from a dig, would like to meet one on the street some day.

Are the LS4 Monte Carlos and LS4 Impalas the same in terms of performance/speed? It's very rare to see an LS4 Monte Carlo, but I see a good number of LS4 Impalas.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by aintnunbutapenut
Sleepers for sure!!
I kinda like it. mine has lost a little of the sleeper sound though. It is getting louder haha

Originally Posted by Frosty LS1
Nice kill! Did he ever say what mods he had done to his Camaro? I've raced two LT1's in my LS1, not sure what year they were or what type of condition, but in stock form they really aren't that impressive, except for off the line, because the LT1 produces a lot of low end torque, but loses torque and horsepower in the upper RPM band, which is probably why you started to pull the higher you got, good horsepower advantage over the LT1.

You ever find an LS1 Camaro/Firebird to line up with, you should! I've never had the opportunity to race an LS4.
he just said some bolt ons but wasnt specific and exhaust and shift kit. I killed him off the line everytime. I think my LS4 was making more low end torque than that LT1....except the first time when he jumped and took off way before i did.

I would love to sometime just to see how I did. I know i dont have the fastest car out there but its fun to see where exactly it stands

Ahh, I like hearing that people are HOPING to run into an LS1. I welcome a race from any kind of competition. An LS1 vs LS4 race would be a good run from a dig, would like to meet one on the street some day.

Are the LS4 Monte Carlos and LS4 Impalas the same in terms of performance/speed? It's very rare to see an LS4 Monte Carlo, but I see a good number of LS4 Impalas.
do you happen to be over on LS1tech? Your sig looks familiar. Hopefully you run into one sometime and hopefully they could hook up properly haha.

The Impalas are a little heavier so it would be close. The montes are alot more rare than impalas too. When I was racing this LT1 I had a good 470 lbs of people in my car too so weight wasnt against him haha

Old 04-28-2013, 02:26 PM

I kinda like it. mine has lost a little of the sleeper sound though. It is getting louder haha

he just said some bolt ons but wasnt specific and exhaust and shift kit. I killed him off the line everytime. I think my LS4 was making more low end torque than that LT1....except the first time when he jumped and took off way before i did.

I would love to sometime just to see how I did. I know i dont have the fastest car out there but its fun to see where exactly it stands

do you happen to be over on LS1tech? Your sig looks familiar. Hopefully you run into one sometime and hopefully they could hook up properly haha.

The Impalas are a little heavier so it would be close. The montes are alot more rare than impalas too. When I was racing this LT1 I had a good 470 lbs of people in my car too so weight wasnt against him haha
I am on LS1tech. NoHope is my name there. Ever taken your car to the track yet?

Old 04-28-2013, 05:54 PM
RED DEVIL

I am on LS1tech. NoHope is my name there. Ever taken your car to the track yet?
alright yea I have seen you over there then. Nope I almost did last year to the 1/8th mile but decided it wasnt a good idea since i had to drive 2 hours back home. This was pretty much the first time I lined up against anyone with it. other than a hemi jeep I guess.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:07 PM

alright yea I have seen you over there then. Nope I almost did last year to the 1/8th mile but decided it wasnt a good idea since i had to drive 2 hours back home. This was pretty much the first time I lined up against anyone with it. other than a hemi jeep I guess.
Yeah, I get in fights with some of the cocky LS4 owners over there on occasion, lol, but you seem cool. You said you don't drive your car very often and it's not your DD, so I will presume that's why you don't get many opportunities for street races.

My car has seen a lot of different street races, I've raped and been raped on tons of cars, but out of everything I've raced I have not yet run into a 2v 4.6 Mustang or an LS4 wbody...

Old 04-28-2013, 09:25 PM
RED DEVIL

Yeah, I get in fights with some of the cocky LS4 owners over there on occasion, lol, but you seem cool. You said you don't drive your car very often and it's not your DD, so I will presume that's why you don't get many opportunities for street races.

My car has seen a lot of different street races, I've raped and been raped on tons of cars, but out of everything I've raced I have not yet run into a 2v 4.6 Mustang or an LS4 wbody...
Yea I understand. I don't make it seem like a race car of any sort haha. I don't really have a need for a DD since I live 3 blocks from work. So I have a good weather and crappy either car and live in a small town. So I suppose that's why I don't get alot of opportunities.

I want to race my friends 4.6 mustang... Not sure if it's a 2v (but pretty sure it is) or not but it has been molested with upgrades so it would be fun.

Last edited by xxtheshockerxx; 04-28-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:56 PM

Yea I understand. I don't make it seem like a race car of any sort haha. I don't really have a need for a DD since I live 3 blocks from work. So I have a good weather and crappy either car and live in a small town. So I suppose that's why I don't get alot of opportunities.

I want to race my friends 4.6 mustang... Not sure if it's a 2v (but pretty sure it is) or not but it has been molested with upgrades so it would be fun.
2v Mustangs are the 4.6 Mustangs made from 1996-2004. In the 1999-2004 Mustangs they added the PI, which improved head flow and boosted the horsepower from 225 to 260. Those are the only 2v Mustangs worth a damn, anything from before 1999 is guaranteed to be slow.

Honestly though, an LS4 should have no problem taking down any 2v Mustang if it's stock or near stock. A 3v Mustang (2005-2010 Mustang GT) would be more work, that's a driver's race usually with a slight edge going to the GT.

How small is your town? I thought my town was small (40,000 people) but there are usually weekly car meets here, I've seen a 2013 GT500, 2010 Z06, 2010 CTS-V, 2009 370Z, 2011 Mustang GT, and a ton of LS1's at these meets, for me it was just a matter of finding the right people in the area and making those connections.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:32 AM
RED DEVIL

oh alright. his is a 2000. I would say his is quicker than my car even without the NO2 but its a stick and i think i have a good chance at atleast making it a competitive race. His car has had alot done to it though and is far from stock.

My town is 3,000 people...haha. Yea I usually end up going to Iowa State Campus if I want to get out on the weekends. There are plenty of cars there if i really wanted to try.