Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

chevy buick vs chevy monte =/

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 11:13 PM

how much chevy can a buickchevy chevy if a buickchevy could chevy chevy??!!!! lol

Old 10-29-2009, 10:29 PM

ohhh I know this one!......ummmm 23! lol...

Old 11-03-2009, 02:41 AM
Talking

Perhaps a grand national..they're beasts!

Old 11-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I just revisited this thread and I wanted to mention a few things.

First, Quatermain N/A SS seems to be right about most of his post, but I wanted to clarify a couple of things. One would be that there are headers available for the 3400 and they can be found here: http://www.ssheaders.com/V6.htm There is no list on the price, so you will have to call and find out.

Second, there actually is indeed a supercharger kit available for the 3400 v6, but it's a CSC instead of a roots blower like the M90. You can find that here: http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GA3017/GAUNDE...%2C+Alero.html It's expensive, but at least the headers will work with it (headers will not work with a turbo unless they are custom made).

Lastly, what did your message mean in my profile t.s.b.? lol. I just want to understand what you were saying there because it made no sense at all.

Anyways, I hope that helps.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by zipper
I just revisited this thread and I wanted to mention a few things.

First, Quatermain N/A SS seems to be right about most of his post, but I wanted to clarify a couple of things. One would be that there are headers available for the 3400 and they can be found here: http://www.ssheaders.com/V6.htm There is no list on the price, so you will have to call and find out.

Second, there actually is indeed a supercharger kit available for the 3400 v6, but it's a CSC instead of a roots blower like the M90. You can find that here: http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GA3017/GAUNDE...%2C+Alero.html It's expensive, but at least the headers will work with it (headers will not work with a turbo unless they are custom made).

Lastly, what did your message mean in my profile t.s.b.? lol. I just want to understand what you were saying there because it made no sense at all.

Anyways, I hope that helps.

thz, i was starting to get discouraged on mods for my engine.

this will really help on my engine bay becoming more bad ***.

and about the post, on your signature i think it is, it has a mustang dyno on it, then a list of mods. so i thoght that was your stang. lol

i was just joking, if you own one that is cool i am just not a huge fan of them, since that was the first car i raced and i got creamed. lol

Old 12-11-2009, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member

Hey, sorry that it's been so long since I've been on here, and also that I'm bringing up a somewhat old thread, but I thought I would clarify a couple of things.

Here are a few 3400 v6 websites for parts:

http://www.milzymotorsports.com/

http://www.wot-tech.com/shop/

http://www.mpracing.org/store/

Also, about the "mustang dyno" thing, that isn't a modification. That means that I had my car placed on a dynometer to measure how much hp my car is putting down at the wheels. There are a few different kinds of dynometers, but the most common two are the "Dynojet" dyno, and a "Mustang" dyno. The dynometer that I was on was at ZZPerformance in Grand Rapids, MI and they use a Mustang dyno. Typically Dynojet dynos do not use any resistance when measuring wheel hp so there hp numbers are usually exagerated and many people them the Lienojets because of that. A Mustang dyno however, places as much of a realistic resistance on your car as possible, showing how much power your car would make in different conditions and whatnot. So the Mustang dyno is a very accurate measure of whp, and gives the driver a better idea of how much power is going from the engine through the drivetrain and finally to the wheels. Typically, it's assumed that there is a 25% drivetrain loss of power from the crankshaft to the wheels.

Stock my car is rated at 200 crank hp and about 150whp on a Mustang dyno. My car makes 222whp on a Mustang dyno, and if I were to calculate the 25% drivetrain loss in there, that would come out to my car making 296 crank hp. Now, here's something else to throw in here that might make it a little confusing. ZZP gives their whp ratings in "corrected" form. This means that no matter what the conditions are, whether it be cold or hot, humid or dry out, that my car will put down 222whp everytime. My actual whp that they measured came out to 229whp uncorrected. If you account for the drivetrain loss than my car makes about 305 crank hp. But, whenever people ask me how much hp my engine is making, I usually say that I guestimate 290 crank hp, I'd rather guess conservatively.

I hope that this helps you understand what I meant by "mustang dyno" and have fun moddifying your car. There are plenty of performance parts available for the 3400.

Edit: Also, I have never owned a Mustang nor do I plan on owning one. They're just too slow, lol.

Last edited by zipper; 12-11-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Default okokokokokok

Hey, sorry that it's been so long since I've been on here, and also that I'm bringing up a somewhat old thread, but I thought I would clarify a couple of things.

Also, about the "mustang dyno" thing, that isn't a modification. That means that I had my car placed on a dynometer to measure how much hp my car is putting down at the wheels. There are a few different kinds of dynometers, but the most common two are the "Dynojet" dyno, and a "Mustang" dyno. The dynometer that I was on was at ZZPerformance in Grand Rapids, MI and they use a Mustang dyno. Typically Dynojet dynos do not use any resistance when measuring wheel hp so there hp numbers are usually exagerated and many people them the Lienojets because of that. A Mustang dyno however, places as much of a realistic resistance on your car as possible, showing how much power your car would make in different conditions and whatnot. So the Mustang dyno is a very accurate measure of whp, and gives the driver a better idea of how much power is going from the engine through the drivetrain and finally to the wheels. Typically, it's assumed that there is a 25% drivetrain loss of power from the crankshaft to the wheels.

Stock my car is rated at 200 crank hp and about 150whp on a Mustang dyno. My car makes 222whp on a Mustang dyno, and if I were to calculate the 25% drivetrain loss in there, that would come out to my car making 296 crank hp. Now, here's something else to throw in here that might make it a little confusing. ZZP gives their whp ratings in "corrected" form. This means that no matter what the conditions are, whether it be cold or hot, humid or dry out, that my car will put down 222whp everytime. My actual whp that they measured came out to 229whp uncorrected. If you account for the drivetrain loss than my car makes about 305 crank hp. But, whenever people ask me how much hp my engine is making, I usually say that I guestimate 290 crank hp, I'd rather guess conservatively.

I hope that this helps you understand what I meant by "mustang dyno" and have fun moddifying your car. There are plenty of performance parts available for the 3400.

Edit: Also, I have never owned a Mustang nor do I plan on owning one. They're just too slow, lol.
i see now, i learned something new today. 222 at the wheels is bad *** i cant wait to hit even a haft of that.

also thz for the help, i got to find a better paying job, when i do all my time is going to go iinto my car. then am gonna hit the dyno.

and i will never own a mustang eigther, they are wack. =]

Old 12-12-2009, 08:31 PM

i also have to order my custom k&n intake from the internet, i am so excited, the one i bought in my car is just a filter and it is a piece of crap. big mistake.

my car should be all repaired soon, i hope, so i can get back to driving it, i have been going through seperation anxiety,for bout 4 months now!!!

Old 12-15-2009, 11:06 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by MarkIV396
Yeah... you got watch out for some of those "Bufords" My Uncle has a Ugly lookin'
Regal w/White walls & the Frisbee hubcaps - but he loves to toast the "Ricers" in
town! He's 82 - I think it's so funny!
LOL! To Funny!

My 83 year old grandma has a 1999 Regal GS with the 3800 Supercharged. Cracks me up when she tells me "guess what Michael, I peeled out today, and left some jackass is a Civic behind" And that is exactly how she says it. Crazy Lady!

Old 12-17-2009, 12:57 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by t.s.b
i see now, i learned something new today. 222 at the wheels is bad *** i cant wait to hit even a haft of that.

also thz for the help, i got to find a better paying job, when i do all my time is going to go iinto my car. then am gonna hit the dyno.

and i will never own a mustang eigther, they are wack. =]
We all start somewhere. Plus, I have good news for you. Your car stock already makes more than half of my whp I would expect your car to put down about 135whp on a Mustang dyno so there ya go.

If I were you and if it's a possibility, I would find a dyno right away and then see what your car makes stock. Then when you do some stuff to the car, go back to the same place and see how much of a gain/loss you got from it. Do the same thing also by going to a drag strip when your stock and then when you're modded. Above all, do what you want to do and don't listen to the nay sayers. Believe me, there have been a lot of people who have made fun of my car, that's just the way life is.

Quick Reply: chevy buick vs chevy monte =/