Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Cavalier

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 10:08 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Cavalier

Well guys, about 9:40 or so on Sunday night I was headed back for Campbell University in downtown Raleigh. I decided I prefer driving at night as it is much easier, much less stressful, and much more fun. I was on Miami Boulevard cutting across to I-40 instead of I-540 like I usually use, and was coming up behind a Cavalier at a stoplight, I decided to pull up along side in the right lane. Upon pulling up, I take a look over to see 3 high school aged guys inside. I gave them a wave and watched the light (wihtout intention to race unless they did). When the light turned green, I gave it a usual take off and they floored it (apparently, since hte front end raised up a little). I gunned it and by the time we hit the 45 mph speed limit i was atleast 5 lengths ahead of him. He zooms by me, with clear road going about 55-60 and increasing speed. He must have stepped it up to about 80-90 as he pulled away and out of sight. The next light didn't catch me. As I pulled up to I-40 intersection, which has 2 lanes getting on the east bound side and who do I see... why it's the Cavalier. 90 mph didn't get you far did it? Well the light turned green just as I was almost stopped. I let him have the length making the turn incase he came over the dotted line getting to the on ramp. I coudln't hear his engine but I assume he was full throttle. Once I was straight, I gunned mine and I was driving past him. At the bottom of hte ramp, I had about a half a lenght, just enough room to move over in front of him. As we merged on 40, he jumped to the middle lane and drove by going about 80 (i stopped accelreating around 75 and backed down to 70. Once he had about 10 lenghts on me going around 90, he backed up and stayed about 5 lengths ahead of me. I was content to ride behind him with my cruise at 71. At the Wade Ave. split ( a major one, actually), he took Wade and I took I-40 to continue my trip to Campbell. Fun drives down here I tell ya

Old 09-15-2008, 06:21 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member
Default RE: Cavalier

Good job on beating that Cavaqueer, I mean Cavalier.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:55 AM

[align=center]Hey `Duane -CowBoy-,[/align][align=center]LolLol[/align][align=center]Be Careful out there on your Highways of `Life.[/align][align=center]Glad 2 read that U did not get caught by the police : ),[/align][align=center]but a Cavalier ? Was it a 4cyl or Six ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Good Luck @ school, and on the highways.[/align][align=center]Don`t gamble with your DL : ( `ok[/align][align=center]I would hate to see what happened to me$$$for Street Rac`in,[/align][align=center]happen 2 U. BeSmart/Safe. Take it 2 the Track.[/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/4301/EE90272DE8F34ADEAF18E8FE564B2196.gif[/IMG] [/align]

Old 09-15-2008, 07:33 AM

5 Year Member

i let off at teh speed limits.. except on the on ramp, where the speed limit is 65 and i was going 75.nothingillegal about accelerating fast 'Space they did the old ricer fly by after i let off at the speed limit. anybody willing to run that fast on a 4 lane city street isn't worth my trying to catch.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:43 AM

5 Year Member

and Space.. I've got no idea hwat was in it. I'm guessing a 4 cylinder. I didn't know him, he didn't know me, we never saw each other until last night.

my guess is he claims he won since I let off at the speed limits though. that or he'll blame losing on having 2 more people in the car than me. o'well.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:11 PM

`Duane,
Thanks for posting additional `information.
Be safe out there on your highways.
To me it isn`t worth the gas to race a Cav : ) [&:][8D]
Oh, do you have a safe place to park your Monte Carlo
@ College. (Hope so : )
Let us know how college life is for you ?
We expect all A's : )
Now, get off your computer, and go study LOL
`Space

Old 09-15-2008, 03:45 PM

5 Year Member

i guess it is safe. it is ALL the wya across campus from my dorm, probably 3/4 fo a mile over there. it's right by the road where the campus security drive by all the time, as safe as it cna get at college anyway. this parking lot is so far out that no one wants to pakr there, so nobody's car is every very close to mine i don't worry too much about peoples doors hitting me or anything. see, i could park about 150 yards closer, but thats in the grass. the lawn mower runs right thru that parking lot coming a couple feet from the cars nad blowing grass all over them i'd rather park a bit further out, get the exercise, and have my car be a little bit safer.