Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Big race today!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool ..

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
Is this like an event or just like a high school thing? Not trying to be mean but it sounds something like highschoolers do lol
Im 29:p. This is a work thing.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:57 AM
10 Year Member
Talking The Result

I will start by saying my camera battery died due to the heat in my car. So no video and I am speaking the truth on the race no storys here!

Yes the race happend and to my supprise I beat him....... Well off the line at least. Super charger is great off the line I had two car lenghts over him atleast before he finally got traction. He didnt catch my till the(last sec) The guy that called the race said he got my by an eyelash. If the race was two feet shorter I would have been the victor. Oh on another note every light in his dash came on in the race its gonna spend sometime in the shop now. The guy got out with tears in his eyes me I wanted a rematch but the GXP wasnt up to it
5-2 Ill just beat up on a camaro or too and some honda and nissans ill fill better

Old 06-10-2012, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Crusader SS
Admire your zeal!!!... However, I would post-pone the parking lot thing until you have a few mods done, then you've got a shot against a bone stock 5.3... Good luck and be safe...
I would love to upgrade the pully and flash the ECU,air intake, full exhaust.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
Default really

Originally Posted by crusader ss
i know what you mean lou, i tried that once with my 1970 gto judge pushing 410hp up against a 67 mako shark corvette pushing 675hp... My positive thought to this day is i can still see his tail lights getting smaller and smaller... ... You are right of coarse...
ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-10-2012, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
Default Pride

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
Who's idea to go against an LS4? +1 for a loss.
He wanted the race!. I know the Grand Prix super charged V6 is a hand full for the the monte but me not being the one to tuck tail to a youngster got me in the race.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
Default Race Day

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
I guess you missed the 2nd part of my statement...
Its not like when i was younger (less traffic) and easier to get away with it....

Nowa days the cops are just lookn to nail you to the wall for the littlest thing. like seatbelts,traffic lights, excessive speed, drunk driveing etc etc... Is what i meant...

Way to many people on the roads, cell phones, texting etc....
Beter to be safe than sorry!

I have seen lots of careless accidents here in detroit and innocent bystanders end up being the victims of drag raceing accidents...

Thats what I meant by my statement...
I know drag raceing did start in the streets...Daaaaa
Its ok I know what your saying...

Old 06-10-2012, 09:29 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

It sounds like you had some fun and I'm sorry about being a drag with the video comment, but I've seen so many kids lie about how they beat cars that I'm just not interested anymore. I've won lots of races and lost lots of races. In fact one of my losses was to a bone stock F-150. As you can imagine, my problem wasn't that his truck was "faster" then my Monte, but that my Monte couldn't get traction to save it's life, lol.

I enjoyed reading your story, and I think it's funny that the guy has to take his car into the shop now to get it checked out. Once you modify your L67, even just a little bit, and you won't have to worry about his LS4 at all.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:04 AM
10 Year Member
Cool Race

Originally Posted by zipper
It sounds like you had some fun and I'm sorry about being a drag with the video comment, but I've seen so many kids lie about how they beat cars that I'm just not interested anymore. I've won lots of races and lost lots of races. In fact one of my losses was to a bone stock F-150. As you can imagine, my problem wasn't that his truck was "faster" then my Monte, but that my Monte couldn't get traction to save it's life, lol.

I enjoyed reading your story, and I think it's funny that the guy has to take his car into the shop now to get it checked out. Once you modify your L67, even just a little bit, and you won't have to worry about his LS4 at all.
Your Cool with me! maybe i mite be able to leave your monte in the dust one day