Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Big race today!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 06:40 PM

Who's idea to go against an LS4? +1 for a loss.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by jomao_o
who's idea to go against an ls4? +1 for a loss.
x2 lol

Old 06-08-2012, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
King of the Parking Lot?

street raceing is not drag raceing....

Lets hope you dont get "Tapped" by your local PD !!!!!
street racing is absolutely drag racing. if anything its where it really started and the purest form. where the fastest most expensive car doesnt always win. anything can happen on the street.

back to the topic at hand. ls4 should beat an l67 from a roll at any speed. your only chance is from a dig and hope the guy with the gxp cant drive. theyre tough to launch. who knows maybe hell be nervous and burn them up all the way through first. its been known to happen many a time on the track and on the street.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Zen

Give him hell.You never know you might just edge him out

Old 06-08-2012, 10:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
street racing is absolutely drag racing. if anything its where it really started and the purest form. where the fastest most expensive car doesnt always win. anything can happen on the street.

back to the topic at hand. ls4 should beat an l67 from a roll at any speed. your only chance is from a dig and hope the guy with the gxp cant drive. theyre tough to launch. who knows maybe hell be nervous and burn them up all the way through first. its been known to happen many a time on the track and on the street.

I guess you missed the 2nd part of my statement...
Its not like when i was younger (less traffic) and easier to get away with it....

Nowa days the cops are just lookn to nail you to the wall for the littlest thing. like seatbelts,traffic lights, excessive speed, drunk driveing etc etc... Is what i meant...

Way to many people on the roads, cell phones, texting etc....
Beter to be safe than sorry!

I have seen lots of careless accidents here in detroit and innocent bystanders end up being the victims of drag raceing accidents...

Thats what I meant by my statement...
I know drag raceing did start in the streets...Daaaaa

Old 06-09-2012, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
I guess you missed the 2nd part of my statement...
Its not like when i was younger (less traffic) and easier to get away with it....

Nowa days the cops are just lookn to nail you to the wall for the littlest thing. like seatbelts,traffic lights, excessive speed, drunk driveing etc etc... Is what i meant...

Way to many people on the roads, cell phones, texting etc....
Beter to be safe than sorry!

I have seen lots of careless accidents here in detroit and innocent bystanders end up being the victims of drag raceing accidents...

Thats what I meant by my statement...
I know drag raceing did start in the streets...Daaaaa
lol i like how drunk driving ranks right up there with not wearing your seatbelt on the list of petty things that cops are just out there trying to nail you on. too funny.

i quoted your entire statement. i guess you implied by saying lets hope you dont get tapped by the cops that back in your day it wasnt a big deal to go ripping down a residential road side by side at over 80 mph. idk how old you are so it may be entirely possible that there was a point and time when this wasnt a big deal, but im pretty sure its always been illegal and at the very least has always been considered speeding, but carry on

all racing is dangerous unless its taking place on a bench or in a game, so saying street racing is dangerous and shouldnt be done is pointless and redundant. i wont be a hypocrite and preach about it since i myself street raced for a pretty long time(and still do) and purposely built a car for it. im also sure that a very large percentage of the users on here have, or do street race whether it was street light to street light, arm dropped, honks, or whatever so post your results.
good luck.

Last edited by TheMonteMan; 06-09-2012 at 07:35 AM.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:38 AM

2011 Monte Of The Year

So ummm where's the OP with the results? lol

Old 06-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Franks 03SS
So ummm where's the OP with the results? lol
To be honest, if the OP replies without a video, I'm not very interested. Anyone can tell stories, I'd rather see the results.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:53 PM

2011 Monte Of The Year

Originally Posted by zipper
To be honest, if the OP replies without a video, I'm not very interested. Anyone can tell stories, I'd rather see the results.
X2 pretty sure he lost that one and doesnt want us to find out? lol

Old 06-10-2012, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Ok

Originally Posted by Space
Hi `Beef,
Good Luck & we look forward to your updates & your WIN . We hope you have someone to take pic's or better yet to have a video of the Race....

* p.s. Only need one thread on subject.`Thanks
Got ya just wanted it 2 be seen.

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): Big race today!