PRIVATE Wanted Classifieds Looking for something? Tell us!

Wanted: Fuel lines

  #1  
Old 05-17-2014, 05:05 PM
dc1
dc1 is offline
1 Year Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 37
Default Fuel lines

Drove over a tree stump in the 2003 Monte SS, my fuel lines are dented right behind the transmission. Brake lines are fine. Looking for all three fuel pipes.
 
  #2  
Old 05-17-2014, 05:22 PM
turbo monte's Avatar
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ford city, pa
Posts: 5,055
Default

Just repair the dented section with new line instead of replacing the whole thing
 
  #3  
Old 05-18-2014, 09:30 AM
03SSLE's Avatar
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 6,074
Default

Originally Posted by turbo monte View Post
Just repair the dented section with new line instead of replacing the whole thing
If you do this cut a section of line out and replace it with a metal section. Double flare the pipe and use compression fittings.

Do not use rubber hose and clamps. If the rubber line leaks you'll be spraying fuel all over a hot exhaust system. I think you can figure out what would happen next.
 
  #4  
Old 05-18-2014, 10:32 AM
dc1
dc1 is offline
1 Year Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 37
Default

Originally Posted by 03SSLE View Post
If you do this cut a section of line out and replace it with a metal section. Double flare the pipe and use compression fittings.

Do not use rubber hose and clamps. If the rubber line leaks you'll be spraying fuel all over a hot exhaust system. I think you can figure out what would happen next.
Is there a recommended kit and guide out there for this?
 
  #5  
Old 05-18-2014, 12:01 PM
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 1,292
Default

Originally Posted by dc1 View Post
Is there a recommended kit and guide out there for this?
I don't think u have any knowlage about what they're talking about. Take it to a mechanic and be done with it
 
  #6  
Old 05-18-2014, 06:50 PM
ZIPPY02's Avatar
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Utah
Posts: 4,653
Default

Originally Posted by Habbibie View Post
I don't think u have any knowlage about what they're talking about. Take it to a mechanic and be done with it
Agree if it's out of your league don't try and save a buck when it comes around to messing with fuel under pressure next to a hot exhaust. Get it wrong and it's Game Over...
 
  #7  
Old 05-19-2014, 05:18 PM
03SSLE's Avatar
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Seattle
Posts: 6,074
Default

Originally Posted by dc1 View Post
Is there a recommended kit and guide out there for this?


Originally Posted by Habbibie View Post
I don't think u have any knowlage about what they're talking about. Take it to a mechanic and be done with it
Originally Posted by ZIPPY02 View Post
Agree if it's out of your league don't try and save a buck when it comes around to messing with fuel under pressure next to a hot exhaust. Get it wrong and it's Game Over...
^^^ This ^^^
X3
This is not a job you'd do step by step from a manual. That is the impression I get by your question. Have it repaired by a professional.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
z34phoenix
Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders
4
11-05-2011 12:36 PM
dbuchholtz
Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders
1
07-18-2010 05:19 PM
76MonteMan
Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders
0
04-20-2007 08:05 PM
wiz kidd
Off Topic
2
01-29-2007 02:44 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wanted: Fuel lines


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.