Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Tips to install SLP LSX grille?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by kicker
Alright, at idle it sounds amazing, revving it at stop it gets slightly raspy but nothing bad, I also have a resonated tip and it helps a bit. It pops a bit when you floor it in park but it sounds good IMO. I would highly recommend the 40 series delta flow. And yes I have resonator out, and CAI is my next upgrade, Wizaired
i think the resonator might be part of the popping, and rasp, ill have to try and experiment this summer

Old 05-10-2010, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
this is what im kinda curious about, i have a CAI, i wanna get the delta flow, but i dont want a raspy sound from taking the resonator off, and i dont want a popping noise at higher rpms, id like it to stay at a muscular sound the whole way through.

my buddy has a g6 with a 3500 in it, which will sound similar, but his sounds kinda bad imo

Well, how I see it is is this... you wont be able to turn your v-6 into a v-8. you can throw a lot of stuff on it, but the 2 extra cylinders I have just make that much better sound.

Backfires typically are caused by unburned gas in the exhaust system, mainly the headers, being ignited by the amount of heat in the exhaust. With that being said, you can tune the car to not "pop" (or be less likely to) with the air/fuel ratio and other engine mods. Be careful though, as you mod the more fuel you'll need goes up. see the problem here?

Don't worry about the backfiring sound from the exhuast, its just how it does it. You can try the resonator to see if that helps at all by leaving it in, or throw a cherry bomb or glass pack in its place.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:53 PM

as for the grille. Can you remove the chevy symbol and put the original monte calr emblem on the grille. Im talking about the knight emblem from the 80's monte. Which imo looks way better than that ugly stock one on the 6th gen montes

Old 05-12-2010, 09:16 PM

In order to do that, you'd have to shave off the two pegs on the knights crest emblem (mine got accidently shaved off during my removal). It might not fit entirely and there me be overlay on the sides from the flat perition where the Chevy symblol lies. But it's sure worth a try.

Old 05-13-2010, 08:07 AM
10 Year Member

hes wants the older knights emblem, you could make it work, everythings really possible, just depends on how much work you want to put into it

Old 05-13-2010, 08:09 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by vita
Well, how I see it is is this... you wont be able to turn your v-6 into a v-8. you can throw a lot of stuff on it, but the 2 extra cylinders I have just make that much better sound.

Backfires typically are caused by unburned gas in the exhaust system, mainly the headers, being ignited by the amount of heat in the exhaust. With that being said, you can tune the car to not "pop" (or be less likely to) with the air/fuel ratio and other engine mods. Be careful though, as you mod the more fuel you'll need goes up. see the problem here?

Don't worry about the backfiring sound from the exhuast, its just how it does it. You can try the resonator to see if that helps at all by leaving it in, or throw a cherry bomb or glass pack in its place.
i dont wanna use more gas =p, but is that correct, the resonator will help most rasp? and what would a glass pack or cherry bomb do in its place?

Old 05-14-2010, 11:44 AM

Yah I abolutely hate the newer knight crest. It looks so taky. I would love to put and older on in its place.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:37 PM

i wonder if the Chevy bowtie on the LSX grille is removable???? why u might ask because i would like to put an SS emblem from the 06-07 SS Monte on the grille

Old 05-14-2010, 08:31 PM

Yes, the Chevy bowtie can be removed, it's just a decal. But there is a flat portion were a decal must be placed. Some have used the SS badge, but it's not quite the perfect size...