General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

SLP grille insert

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Default SLP grille insert

[&:]i was wondering does anyone have this grill insert nd is is easy to install

Old 10-07-2007, 07:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: SLP grille insert

I have the Tony Stewart grille insert from GMPP, which is the same but without the red bowtie, less money. (I have a red bowtie on my licence plate insert). It just mounts with 2-sided tape, just peel and stick.
I regret not painting the area behind it matte black, and depending on the color of your car, I recommend doing this, anyway.
Wayne
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2319272

Old 10-08-2007, 12:39 AM

ORIGINAL: RocknSS04

I have the Tony Stewart grille insert from GMPP, which is the same but without the red bowtie, less money. (I have a red bowtie on my licence plate insert). It just mounts with 2-sided tape, just peel and stick.
I regret not painting the area behind it matte black, and depending on the color of your car, I recommend doing this, anyway.
Wayne
Speaking of which, Wayne...that grill MADE your car. I mean, she was pretty before the grill, don't get me wrong, but that is a great touch!!!

Old 10-08-2007, 05:56 AM

I totally agree with Bigg J, that grill on your car made me really think twice about having the emblem on the front. So I decided to order one of my own!

Old 10-22-2007, 02:31 PM

I've also been considering this SLP grill. I love the way RocknSS04's looks, his looks glossier than the SLP one though?? or maybe its just the way the light is hitting it? I think a silver aluminum grille might look nice, but I've been unable to find one.

I also like the grill this guy has with the shield on it, can't find that one either though. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1337169

Anyone have links to where these grills can be purchased?

Old 10-22-2007, 04:37 PM

Yup...you can get it from:

3800performance.com

or

GMpartsdirect.com

I am still not willing to part with over $100 for that little piece of plastic (no matter how nice a touch it is). But then again, that's me. If you have the cheddar for it, why not? I just bought those taillight covers from PFYC and felt butt-hurt that I spent almost $60 including shipping for thoe pieces of plastic. Yes, I like them, but I think they are over priced like the grill. I plan to cut out the slats to leave an open hole for each light and paint them to match body colour.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:54 PM

Look on ebay, you can find one I'm sure.

Igot anextra SLP grill, just incase I mess up my existing one and paid only 65 bucks for it.
They are not making the SLP's anymore BTW.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:35 PM

You wanna sell it?!?!?!?

Old 10-22-2007, 07:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yes, mine is a full gloss finish, and yes, it was a little salty, but not as bad as the SLP piece from SLP. I got $133.26 into mine. Still wish I would have painted the area behind it matte black.
I am VERY happy with the grille insert. I HATED that whatever emblem on the front, it looked out of place.
Side note: just got all my ZZPerformance speed parts installed. Still got the big brakes and the strut brace to install, plus modify the K&N intake heat shield to accomodate the throttle body spacer moving the filter. It pulls just under 10# of boost now. WOW! Hoping to get the computer re-programmed at ZZP this Friday.
Wayne

Old 10-23-2007, 06:23 PM

You wanna sell it?!?!?!?
Sorry Bigg J, I'm holdin on to this one for a while, just in case. If I decide to let it go, you will be the first to get a PM...

Quick Reply: SLP grille insert