Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Tips to install SLP LSX grille?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 02:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Tips to install SLP LSX grille?

Hey I am getting the grille today and was just wondering any tips to install it. Also how do you go about removing the knights crest emblem, I am sure I seen a post on it a while back but I cannot find it.
Thanks!

Old 05-07-2010, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member

Got it installed!

Old 05-07-2010, 07:22 PM

Get those pics up to show us.... what color did you paint it? If you have a silver Monte, what color is the red Chevrolet emblem?

Old 05-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

here is his pic from his post about the 3400 exhaust clip, it looks pretty good, and the exhaust clip also sounds nice.....

Old 05-07-2010, 08:50 PM

Indeed it does look nice... glad he kept the license plate cap in place.

Did you paint behind the grille??

The Flowmasters sound grumbly enough?

Old 05-08-2010, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member

I actually electrical taped behind it lol, I did not want to paint it permantely and you cant tell the difference unless you know its electrical tape. IMO the flowmaster 40 delta sounds good, and I think I am going to keep that setup on it, It is only tinny when its cold and you rev it, but otherwise I think it sounds good!
Thanks guys

Old 05-08-2010, 07:59 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by kicker
I actually electrical taped behind it lol, I did not want to paint it permantely and you cant tell the difference unless you know its electrical tape. IMO the flowmaster 40 delta sounds good, and I think I am going to keep that setup on it, It is only tinny when its cold and you rev it, but otherwise I think it sounds good!
Thanks guys
do they sound good at idle? and how about when you floor it? do they get really raspy and just dont sound good? or do they keep a good sound the whole time?

Old 05-08-2010, 10:42 AM

That grill looks nice! Keep an eye on that electrical tape... it might start to peel back and fall off if the edges arnt nicely laid down. water will destroy it.

Also, your exhuast will deepen a decent amount with some other little "flares" done. example, CAI, if you do headers, did you remove the resonator?

Old 05-08-2010, 12:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by vita
That grill looks nice! Keep an eye on that electrical tape... it might start to peel back and fall off if the edges arnt nicely laid down. water will destroy it.

Also, your exhuast will deepen a decent amount with some other little "flares" done. example, CAI, if you do headers, did you remove the resonator?
this is what im kinda curious about, i have a CAI, i wanna get the delta flow, but i dont want a raspy sound from taking the resonator off, and i dont want a popping noise at higher rpms, id like it to stay at a muscular sound the whole way through.

my buddy has a g6 with a 3500 in it, which will sound similar, but his sounds kinda bad imo

Old 05-08-2010, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member

Alright, at idle it sounds amazing, revving it at stop it gets slightly raspy but nothing bad, I also have a resonated tip and it helps a bit. It pops a bit when you floor it in park but it sounds good IMO. I would highly recommend the 40 series delta flow. And yes I have resonator out, and CAI is my next upgrade, Wizaired

Quick Reply: Tips to install SLP LSX grille?