Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Plasti dip

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 09:51 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

^6 I'm assuming that is right, since normally they don't care how their trucks look. I occasionally see them covered in all bedliner. That's fine, its functional. I could see it being handy to spray on your car if you need to use it as protection for towing, or to cover the rear 1/4s for racing, but this is just nuts. But if you think your car looks "cool" because it has a dull uneven finish that took no prep and can be peeled off, you are wrong.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Enzo354
^6 I'm assuming that is right, since normally they don't care how their trucks look. I occasionally see them covered in all bedliner. That's fine, its functional. I could see it being handy to spray on your car if you need to use it as protection for towing, or to cover the rear 1/4s for racing, but this is just nuts. But if you think your car looks "cool" because it has a dull uneven finish that took no prep and can be peeled off, you are wrong.
Lol, wow you are mad... "if you like something I don't like then your opinion is wrong!"

You sound like you'd lose your mind if you saw a car painted with "non-functional" plasti dip. Chill out man.

I don't think sticking LED strips below your headlights looks anything more than an Audi wannabe but I don't need to call somebody nuts or wrong for modding what they like. Personally, I think flat/matte black can look great if you do it right, even with plasti dip. I wouldn't do it that way, and of course there's a right and wrong way to do it, but I have seen in person a few cars plasti-dipped and the finish was nice and even, and though it had neon green as a secondary color, it didn't look rushed or cheaply done at all. It's all about how you do it.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:05 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by milrlyt
Lol, wow you are mad... "if you like something I don't like then your opinion is wrong!"

You sound like you'd lose your mind if you saw a car painted with "non-functional" plasti dip. Chill out man.

I don't think sticking LED strips below your headlights looks anything more than an Audi wannabe but I don't need to call somebody nuts or wrong for modding what they like. Personally, I think flat/matte black can look great if you do it right, even with plasti dip. I wouldn't do it that way, and of course there's a right and wrong way to do it, but I have seen in person a few cars plasti-dipped and the finish was nice and even, and though it had neon green as a secondary color, it didn't look rushed or cheaply done at all. It's all about how you do it.
I'm not mad, but I've seen way too many plasti dip cars go wrong. I like a flat black car just as much as the next guy, but just as you said, if they are done right. Some plasti dip cars look great, from about 10 feet out. If you want to change the color of a car without repainting it, get some flat black vinyl and wrap it. It is harder, but it will look 800x better in the end and be a lot more durable.

I'll just never understand the "Hey look, I covered up my nice glossy paint job with $20 worth of rubberized coating." attitude.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:04 PM

i like plasti dip i wouldnt use it for a whole car unless i was going to clear coat it but i just used it to paint my grill and trim on my car pictures are posted if you wanna see and i like it because if you accidentally over spay you can just rub it off

Attached Thumbnails Plasti dip-dscn2061.jpg