Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Plasti Dip Paint Job?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Default Plasti Dip Paint Job?

Due to an ex-gf recently pouring brake fluid all over my beloved Monte , I need a new paint job. I don't have the money for a 3-4k nice flat back paint job like I want, but I have seen people at car shows who used plasti dip to temporarily make their car flat black while saving money for good paint... Any opinions on this, flat black monte = good or bad? It peels right off, so I mean I could always just powerwash it off if it looks too terrible.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by JCoxx93
Due to an ex-gf recently pouring brake fluid all over my beloved Monte , I need a new paint job. I don't have the money for a 3-4k nice flat back paint job like I want, but I have seen people at car shows who used plasti dip to temporarily make their car flat black while saving money for good paint... Any opinions on this, flat black monte = good or bad? It peels right off, so I mean I could always just powerwash it off if it looks too terrible.
A flat black monte may look a little weird but it could look completely awesome too, the only thing is that with my experiences with plasti-dip it rubs off if it's touched too hard, i did an interior part and it's starting to rub off already.

why don't you turn your ex in for what she did? that's a felony and she would have to pay for all damages...

Old 02-26-2012, 03:00 PM

yeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh...........call the cops. take pics of damages and any other evidence like voicemails, texts, fb messages, ect.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member

also, you should post pics, upload them to photobucket and post the img code here, there may be something else that you can do

Old 02-26-2012, 03:06 PM

You'd be better off using spray paint and a flat clear. I did my engine bay with plastidip it looked good at first but its hard to keep clean and scratches really easy.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:08 PM

Okay... and its a little more in depth than that with the ex-gf situation. I owed her money on the monte(a verbal agreement) and was working on trying to get an apartment and had no money to pay her. And I think that a flat black monte with clearcoated white racing stripes and side decals would look sweet. Along with red calipers.

EDIT: Also thinking about adding on GT Concept fenders. http://www.customautotrim.com/bodyki...0-2007/104414/

Last edited by JCoxx93; 02-26-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:14 PM
10 Year Member

she still has no right to destruct your property, assuming the monte is in your name.

I would take this further because there is nothing in writing saying you owe her money, it's just your say against hers.

Regardless, I don't care if you owe her 500 bucks or 5,000 bucks, she physically harmed your property and that's illegal and she should have to pay you for that or pay to get it fixed.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:24 PM

It also probably would be his word against hers regarding the paint damage. Not likely to be any pics or video of her doing it, so no proof.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:27 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Originally Posted by trewyn15
she still has no right to destruct your property, assuming the monte is in your name.

I would take this further because there is nothing in writing saying you owe her money, it's just your say against hers.

Regardless, I don't care if you owe her 500 bucks or 5,000 bucks, she physically harmed your property and that's illegal and she should have to pay you for that or pay to get it fixed.
I agree. but its your choice to just let it go. I would like to see the pics too.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by KJRich
It also probably would be his word against hers regarding the paint damage. Not likely to be any pics or video of her doing it, so no proof.
that's where I would hope the voicemails and texts and stuff come into play to support his side

Quick Reply: Plasti Dip Paint Job?