Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Paintless Dent removal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 01:08 AM

i have a pdr guy that comes in and out of my body shop also... hes been in the business for 13 years and was the first PDR man in central new york. would recomend him to everyone!!!

Old 05-27-2011, 12:16 PM

Google is awesome - don't knock it. I would have paid thousands to have a "Doctor" remove my appendix. Instead, I Googled the procedure, bought some decent scalpels (e-bay) and saved a forture by performing the surgery myself.

I couldn't get regular anesthesia, so I just drank a lot during the operation. The insision is a little crooked and I didn't do so good on the stitches, but I usually wear a shirt at the beach, so it's ok.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by JaxJim
Google is awesome - don't knock it. I would have paid thousands to have a "Doctor" remove my appendix. Instead, I Googled the procedure, bought some decent scalpels (e-bay) and saved a forture by performing the surgery myself.

I couldn't get regular anesthesia, so I just drank a lot during the operation. The insision is a little crooked and I didn't do so good on the stitches, but I usually wear a shirt at the beach, so it's ok.
Thank you for giving me a reason to smile on this dreary Saturday! I was blasted out of bed at 6:00 a.m. by the carbon monoxide detector blaring in the basement - the Fire Department found dangerous levels all over the house, luckily it's warm enough outside to open windows, the gas company came and said I need a new furnace, this'll probably cost me a couple thousand that could have been spent on my Monte...but I'm smiling anyway, thanks to you!!

Old 05-28-2011, 09:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Possum
Thank you for giving me a reason to smile on this dreary Saturday! I was blasted out of bed at 6:00 a.m. by the carbon monoxide detector blaring in the basement - the Fire Department found dangerous levels all over the house, luckily it's warm enough outside to open windows, the gas company came and said I need a new furnace, this'll probably cost me a couple thousand that could have been spent on my Monte...but I'm smiling anyway, thanks to you!!
Wow, good thing you had a detector or you could have been in serious trouble. Im glad you made it out ok and you found the leak. I hope the rest of your weekend goes better than this morning.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:56 AM
Default Detectors

Thanks, Matt. FOR EVERYBODY'S INFORMATION: the firemen told me older-model carbon monoxide detectors are useless after their alarm goes off once. A chemical on the front is used up and you're supposed to throw them away and get a new one. As for smoke detectors - after 10 years they should be replaced cuz they get covered in household dust and cooking grease. I thought this was important enough to pass on - be sure to read the box the detector comes in!