Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Paintless Dent Removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 08:41 AM
Default Paintless Dent Removal

Has anyone ever heard of or tried paintless dent removal?I had a minor dent removed on my car this way last week and thought I would share the info with the MC Forum members.

I had a dent around 1" by 2" in the left front fender near the top.It almost looked like someone fell against it or maybe hit it with a football or something.I heard about the paintless dent repair before,so I found an outfit nearby that does it.The owner said they travel to many car dealerships,and will even come to your home or business to do the repair.I met him at a local dealership and he did the repair in about 45 minutes.
What they do is push the dent out from behindwith special tools,working from the outer part of the dent towards the center.Then if they get any high spots,they tap it from the outside with special nylon punches.He could get at my dent through the door jamb,but said they will remove a headlight or tail light,door panels,inner fenders or whatever to access the dent from behind.If it is a totally boxed in area,they can drill a small hole behind itand plug it afterwards.
The nice thing about this kind of repair is you have no filler and still have all your factory paint.He said there are rare cases where he can't get a dent out.
My repair cost $35.00.He said he will go over an entire car for around $200.I am very happy with the results.You would never know it was dented.

This is something to definitely consider if you have a door ding orother dentthat is bugging you.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:53 AM
Default RE: Paintless Dent Removal

[align=center]Hi David,[/align][align=center]I'm a believer...I've seen it done.[/align][align=center]I wish you would have posted before & after pic's : )[/align][align=center]

With advances in PDR tools and techniques, large dents can be repaired without any body filler or repainting.

The large dent is no longer visible once the Dent Wizard technician completes the PDR process.[/align][align=center]Also, I was happy to read in your post that it was successful[/align][align=center]on your awesome Monte Carlo SS.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Below are link for other members that want more infor[/align][align=center]on Dentless Removal.[/align][align=center]Thanks for sharing/posting.[/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Click a link to learn more about `it [:-][/align]Paintless dent repair Information Site
Paintless dent repair, PDR, tools and training. Paintless dent repair information site. Paintless Dent Removal packages and training in San Diego.
www.paintlessrepair.com/ - 17k - Similar pages
http://www.paintlessrepair.com/
Paintless Dent Removal | Paintless Dent RepairTraining
Paintless Dent Removal Training for Dealers, Bodyshop personnel or the Individual. Call Today to get your FREE PDR Pretraining package to prepare for the ...
www.superiorautoinstitute.com/ - 18k - Similar pages
http://www.superiorautoinstitute.com/
Paintless Dent Repair - MSN Autos
Skilled technicians can quickly remove dents on late model vehicles with paintless dent repair.
autos.msn.com/ad

Old 10-22-2007, 09:06 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

Dent Wizard at 1-800-Dent - Wiz (336-8949)

They do excellent work for our dealership and price is fair!

Old 10-22-2007, 09:28 AM

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=1

take a look at that video... you could try that!

Old 10-23-2007, 08:52 PM

yes paint \ painless dent removal works GREAT!!

they go in and have some real long rods etc to get in to things where the dent is and then they pop it out with out damge to the paint and also make the dents go BY BY

they wanted to do it to mine after it got hit by Ivan. But we didnt have time to get this done before we had to take it back to Germany.

But i used to detail cars nextdoor to a place that did it and you can not belive the work that came out of there. and looked real sharp!!