Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

PAINT. ?. questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 12:25 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default PAINT. ?. questions.

Okay! SO. im considering getting my car repainted due to the the stripes that wont come off. they are fused to the car. so the only thing i can think of is just get it all redone. anybody know of any good reliable places? also, i would love to paint it black instead of blue. but im not sure of how that would turn out. blue would be cheaper cause they wouldnt have to do the door jams ect. any suggestions?

Old 08-06-2011, 12:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- September 2011
2011 Monte Of The Year

Originally Posted by Mr.Monte
Okay! SO. im considering getting my car repainted due to the the stripes that wont come off. they are fused to the car. so the only thing i can think of is just get it all redone. anybody know of any good reliable places? also, i would love to paint it black instead of blue. but im not sure of how that would turn out. blue would be cheaper cause they wouldnt have to do the door jams ect. any suggestions?
I think u should leave it blue, it's a beautiful color and even more beautiful is a monte in that kind of blue
No decals tho :p

Old 08-06-2011, 12:52 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03limitedss
I think u should leave it blue, it's a beautiful color and even more beautiful is a monte in that kind of blue
No decals tho :p
yeah the superior blue is where its att! ahhaa. i might just get the silver racing stripes painted on but nothing on the sides.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:47 AM

I too have the same car as you, and my front end paint is starting to chew off. I wonder if it's a bad factory paint job or the previous owner got into a fender bender and got a new front peice on there and painted it himself.

I was thinking of painting it black too, Jeff Gordon had a black car a few times

Any recommendations?

Old 08-12-2011, 01:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I personally love the superior blue and silver combo (I was seaking an '03 Pace Car when I was looking for my Monte as that was the blue/silver Pace Car). I did not get a Pace Car, nor an '03, but I LOVE my '04!

Mr.Monte, I really like how the decals look in your avatar. It's not often I see a Monte with decals on the sides, other then the Pace Car models. Perhaps have it repainted superior blue and PAINT those decals on (instead of decals).

No matter what you do, I think sticking with the blue and silver is the way to go. In my area, that combo is RARE (I am one of about 3-4 blue/silver Montes in my area, one is an '03 Pace Car, and '03 Jeff Gordon, and the last one I recall is like mine with the High Sport package). I am in the Cleveland Ohio area and had to get my Monte from around Buffalo New York (about 4 hours away).

Old 08-12-2011, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
I personally love the superior blue and silver combo (I was seaking an '03 Pace Car when I was looking for my Monte as that was the blue/silver Pace Car). I did not get a Pace Car, nor an '03, but I LOVE my '04!

Mr.Monte, I really like how the decals look in your avatar. It's not often I see a Monte with decals on the sides, other then the Pace Car models. Perhaps have it repainted superior blue and PAINT those decals on (instead of decals).

No matter what you do, I think sticking with the blue and silver is the way to go. In my area, that combo is RARE (I am one of about 3-4 blue/silver Montes in my area, one is an '03 Pace Car, and '03 Jeff Gordon, and the last one I recall is like mine with the High Sport package). I am in the Cleveland Ohio area and had to get my Monte from around Buffalo New York (about 4 hours away).
i just dropped off my car today to have the decals redone. the problem with them before is that they were a poor quality ones. cheap. i paid 800 for the olds ones off all around and to have them replaced with a HIGH quality decal. yeah the blue and silver combo is so unique and i RARELY see them. i see white, silver, yellow, red, but hardly see blue and black !

Old 08-12-2011, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by SSmeansSuperSexy
I too have the same car as you, and my front end paint is starting to chew off. I wonder if it's a bad factory paint job or the previous owner got into a fender bender and got a new front peice on there and painted it himself.

I was thinking of painting it black too, Jeff Gordon had a black car a few times

Any recommendations?
maybe the previous owner did something to it and just masked it the best they could. could you post a pic?