Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Need 9 more guys who want ws-6 hood.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 12:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by milrlyt
[*]~$515 + shipping when the hoods are ready
$415 + shipping when hoods are ready, you already paid $100 with the deposit.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:57 PM

Oops I missed that. Thanks. Fixed

Old 04-04-2012, 04:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by milrlyt
  • Pics are on the first page
The only pics I saw on the front page were of an existing hood. I thought the one Mr. Grizzly is trying to get made will be a tad different then that one (plus functional)....

Old 04-04-2012, 05:24 PM

The hood is going to be a tad diffrent but it is an example. the wsq on page 2 is a VFN i am pretty sure. the bottom pic posted by nemisis is the actual ws-6 hood. The scoops would look like that. and yes it will be functional. If it goes further down the hood or not will be more or less a group decision I would like to see it go down to the curve in our hood like It does on a trans am and it would look sweet with the slp grill. I asked them to make a mock up drawing or If someone has photoshop help me out cus I dont have the tech.

Last edited by Mr Grizzly Mint; 04-04-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
The only pics I saw on the front page were of an existing hood. I thought the one Mr. Grizzly is trying to get made will be a tad different then that one (plus functional)....
that's what I thought also, if a company is making a fully functional hood or just making a good in general you would think they would have a CAD image or rough draw up?

Old 04-04-2012, 10:31 PM

I asked them to send me a pic so I could post it up. They have not sent it yet. I work alot so trying to talk to them via email. It takes a day or 2 for them to respond.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:10 PM

They responded.

"
Sure.
I understand ~

Might be best if you could do a photoshop or sketch at this time. It's been extremely crazy here and with being out in the shop all day, our guy wouldn't be able to do it. ~

However, before you put it out there for the forum members to see, could you please send it to me - and I can show him, just to make sure we're all on the same page or if there will need to be some modification in the design necessary in order to make it work with this particular hood.

Thanks!

Jean

So anyone got photo shop and give me a hand or should I do this with pen and paper? pm me if you want to help w photo shop.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member

well isn't it supposed to be similar to the one already posted? if the builder is really going to make this they should have a draw up and idea of the channeling system

Old 04-05-2012, 10:54 PM

You were talking about pics of what it would look like. Yes it will look similar but they dont have it drawn up. They have probably 2 months before I hit 10 ppl. Do you think they would bother with drawing it now? So few ppl ask for custom 6th gen parts that no company even makes them. This is comparatively speaking of course.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mr Grizzly Mint
You were talking about pics of what it would look like. Yes it will look similar but they dont have it drawn up. They have probably 2 months before I hit 10 ppl. Do you think they would bother with drawing it now? So few ppl ask for custom 6th gen parts that no company even makes them. This is comparatively speaking of course.
If they really want the business support of those 10 people, then yes I would think they would have something drawn up. We've already had the discussion that there are tons of aftermarket parts for the 6th gens.

Any thoughts of heat extractors?

That would be the best hood to do them with..

Quick Reply: Need 9 more guys who want ws-6 hood.