Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

How to Touch`Up Paint on your Monte ?

Old 06-22-2011, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question How to Touch`Up Paint on your Monte ?

Hi Member's,
How many member's have touched up their Monte Carlo with "Touch Up Paint".

I found the below links on a Web Search, and wonder if anyone has used this information ? ? If not, how have you done your Touch `Up's ? ?

I hope Member's like Mod `Matt, and our other member's that Paint post their thoughts on this Subject...
or what link infor below is good 4 a novice painter...(I'm not a painter "I've tried but failed every time I've tried")...

Thanks for reading....

Automotivetouchup.com Touch Up Paint, Aerosol Spray Paint and ...

Order automotive touch up paint mixed to factory color codes. Contains links to find your paint code and includes tips to use touch up paint.
www.automotivetouchup.com/ - Cached - Similar

YouTube - Car Touch Up Paint - How To Use It The Right Way

8 min - May 25, 2010 - Uploaded by CarScratchRemover
Car-Scratch-Remover.com | Fast Car Scratch Remover Results 100% Guaranteed - How to easily touch up car paint and get nice looking results the right way. Car touch up paint ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=svgd_8tKBWc

YouTube - Maintenance and How-to: Paint Touch-up

2 min - Aug 26, 2008 - Uploaded by TurboChannel
If you need to touch up the paint on your car, follow these steps to get ... Added to queue How To Touch Up Your Car Paint from ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUpor0u0Cg0

More videos for how to touch up car paint
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Auto Detailing: Secrets Of The Experts

Touch-up paint. Do not buy from auto parts stores; they tend to sell paint that is a compromise (one color fits all!?!?!?) and the chances of getting a good ...
www.web-cars.com/detail/touchup.php - Cached - Similar

How to Touch Up Your Car's Paint Job - For Dummies~>Like `Space

Touching up a small scratch on your car with a little bottle of touch-up paint is easy. Before you start the job, mask the surrounding area well and use ...
www.dummies.com/.../how-to-touch-up-your-cars-paint-job.html - Cached - Similar

Touch Up Paint from PaintScratch.com

I was stunned of how it perfectly matched my car and the quality of the paint." R. Tan Renton , WA. Customer Service Directions How To Use Touch Up Paint ...
www.paintscratch.com/ - Cached - Similar

Touching up car paint

How to touch up car paint so it looks right: getting the right touch up paint for color matches and applying it properly.
www.allpar.com/eek/paint.html - Cached - Similar

How to Touch Up Car Paint | eHow.com

How to Touch Up Car Paint. Specifically formulated automotive repair paint is available from stores and websites that cater to those people who want to keep ...
www.ehow.com › Car Repair & Maintenance - Cached - Similar

Car Touch up Paint,Spray Paint Cans. Automotive Paint by ExpressPaint.

Touch up Paint. Automotive Paint by ExpressPaint. Factory matched colors for all vehicles. Same day shipping. All colors are available in touch up pen, ...
www.expresspaint.com/ - Cached - Similar

How to Touch-up Car Paint

Jun 7, 2011 ... Have an older car with scratches and nick on its body? Opt for touch-up paint. A touch painting job is normally done when there are smaller ...
www.howtocar.org/how-to-touch-up-car-paint/ - Cached - Similar

Don't try this @ Home LOL
I hope the above links helps a Member, and I look 4ward to our Expert Member's post(s), comments, suggestions...

*One of my BeachBum friends got behind a gravel truck & got bombed by stones No License Plate or he could not see one ...It's difficult to have a nice ride on some of the roads 2day 4-Sure....

Last edited by Space; 06-22-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

I think the most important thing to remember when touching up a chip or scratch is NOT to use too much paint. Alot of people gob the paint on and make it look worse. You never want to make the touch up paint deeper than the original blemish. Make sure you get down in the chip clean and free of any dirt or wax. If there is rust, they make little pens with fiberglass bristles that you can use to clean the rust out of the chip. Use only enough paint to color in the chip and cover the area. If you REALLY want to get fancy you can base and clear the chip. Take 2000 grit paper and wetsand lightly around the chip, just enough to de-shine the area. Touch up with basecoat and after the base dries, dab some clear into the chip. The clear can stick up a little thats fine. After the clear dries, take a block and block the clear down flush with the existing surface. 1000 grit then 1500grit then 2000grit. Once its blocked flat, rub the area with compound or run a buffer over it real light to bring the shine back. You will be surprised how little the chip shows if you do it correctly.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:57 AM

WoW Mod `Matt that was a fast reply...BeachBum`Mike & I appreciate your words/experience & advise...Thanks much 4-Sure....

He read all the links I posted above, but he said he really likes your advise...He just said `if he messes it up he is going on a Road Trip 2 your Shop LOL

I hope our member's finds this Thread, & your super `infor helpful...Thank You for sharing your knowledge/experience

Old 06-22-2011, 12:31 PM

Hey thanks Moderater Matt for you infor.Space had to crash out again since I woke him up to show him my stone chips + a small chip in my windshield.I just detailed my car 2. I am going to try and do it myself but may end up taking it to a shop/experts\ if i mess up.This forum a way better then the other forum im on 4sure.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:32 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Hey no problem guys. Rider, I had a small stone chip in my windshield (a brand new windshield of course) and had the glass guy fill it with epoxy. Its been almost a year and no spreading.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by mrl390 View Post
I think the most important thing to remember when touching up a chip or scratch is NOT to use too much paint. Alot of people gob the paint on and make it look worse. You never want to make the touch up paint deeper than the original blemish. Make sure you get down in the chip clean and free of any dirt or wax. If there is rust, they make little pens with fiberglass bristles that you can use to clean the rust out of the chip. Use only enough paint to color in the chip and cover the area. If you REALLY want to get fancy you can base and clear the chip. Take 2000 grit paper and wetsand lightly around the chip, just enough to de-shine the area. Touch up with basecoat and after the base dries, dab some clear into the chip. The clear can stick up a little thats fine. After the clear dries, take a block and block the clear down flush with the existing surface. 1000 grit then 1500grit then 2000grit. Once its blocked flat, rub the area with compound or run a buffer over it real light to bring the shine back. You will be surprised how little the chip shows if you do it correctly.

like he said the biggest thing is to not use too much paint. just paint the chip. i see alot of this in my shop and i have to take all of the previous touch up off and redo it

Old 06-22-2011, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx View Post

like he said the biggest thing is to not use too much paint. just paint the chip. i see alot of this in my shop and i have to take all of the previous touch up off and redo it
Yes! Actually when I bought my Monte it had quite a few scratches in the hood - so the dealer offered to have their painter touch it up. They used a brush and just gobbed paint onto the scratches (that didn't even match the body color). So I'm having my car painted now and the guy has to take all the touch up off and then he's respraying my hood.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by mogwog View Post
Yes! Actually when I bought my Monte it had quite a few scratches in the hood - so the dealer offered to have their painter touch it up. They used a brush and just gobbed paint onto the scratches (that didn't even match the body color). So I'm having my car painted now and the guy has to take all the touch up off and then he's respraying my hood.
atleast they are gonna repaint it for you

i hate when ppl that are supposed to be "professionals" can't even do their job very good...seems like that guy would have done a better job the first time

Old 06-23-2011, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by mrl390 View Post
Hey no problem guys. Rider, I had a small stone chip in my windshield (a brand new windshield of course) and had the glass guy fill it with epoxy. Its been almost a year and no spreading.

Thanks again Mod `Matt,
Beach Bum `Mike, read your post last eve & is going 2day to have his chip filled by a auto glass expert...(He works with the guys brother)..He did not want it to expand when he hits a bump...

Thanks also member's for your posts/comments/input...
I think it pays in the long run to seek out the best painter(s) in your area to touch your Monte or Super Rides 4-Sure : )