Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

How to remove tint paint off tail lights?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 12:05 AM

Water didn't help at all. As for the window tints, i just used an all purpose cleaner to spray onto it. Then you get the razor and scrape a corner of the tint and you pull it off. Then the excess glue on the glass, I used a window cleaner with ammonia and I scrubbed it good where there was glue. Took a little bit of time, but it came out good.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:28 AM

Were your front windows really dark? You can have 28% on your front sides and 15% on your rear sides and back window legally. This cop was a jerk because he wanted you to leave and you just moved. Sounds like he wanted to sleep or something and didn't want anyone to see!

Old 07-28-2010, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by LuSe4
Were your front windows really dark? You can have 28% on your front sides and 15% on your rear sides and back window legally. This cop was a jerk because he wanted you to leave and you just moved. Sounds like he wanted to sleep or something and didn't want anyone to see!
he said I had 17% on the front sides. Idk what % the back window was, but he said it was illegal. I had bought the car like that, so I didn't know if they where illegal or not. But I've been pulled over before and the only things the other cops warned me about where the tail lights. And the cop told me 26% is the legal tints.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:19 PM

im in tampa. the odds of getting a tint ticket in fla are very slim. unless the cop is a douche. but then again which cop isnt so i guess your odds have been increased.haha

ive never got a tint ticket in 9 years out of 30 or so tickets. most of them being
under the "unsafe/improper equiptment" statutes

Old 07-28-2010, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by HPNOTIQracing
im in tampa. the odds of getting a tint ticket in fla are very slim. unless the cop is a douche. but then again which cop isnt so i guess your odds have been increased.haha

ive never got a tint ticket in 9 years out of 30 or so tickets. most of them being
under the "unsafe/improper equiptment" statutes
Lol. Seriously, the thing is that most of the cops down here in Miami (especially the coconut grove ones, where I was) are all douches. But what can I say, that's the law these days.

By any chance anyone here knows of somewhere in Miami where I can get the 2 tail lights cheap? I couldn't find the ones I mentioned for $80, and everywhere I go they wanted at least $100 each . And I still can't get access to the for sale section here.