Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Had a wierd idea....

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member

I happen to like both for diff reasons although I prefer my own and I believe the Montes look better with the ground effects, I love the way the head lights sit in both and I agree the 7th gen is smoother with it's downside being the bow tie in the grill. Are there aftermarket grills on the market? As far as the Knights crest personally if I were to go to the trouble of putting it on I would have to go with the actual badge. a vinyl decal wouldn't do it and saying that yes I know my monte is loaded with vinyl....I'll sell em but they won't hit my car. As far as that badge you should be able to find them on line or go down to a Pick-n-Pull salvage and find one in good shape .they are simply taped on.....I don't know that I would consider crossing the 6th and 7th...just make the little changes that make it your own..when I look at mamonte and mr burns I see two very differant cars and they didnt have to drop huge bucks to set each appart but I will bet each one turns plenty of heads and are far from generic looking......where the hell did the windshield washer comments even come from!!!!!

Old 12-15-2009, 03:16 PM

One thing that really bugged me about the 7th generation was the lack of the knight logo. I thought about getting one of the wire mesh grills they make and attaching a knight to it. Wasn't sure how exactly. I actually have one from a mid-80's car or I could get one of the new ones which might look better and is bigger. The older one seems to be metal, where the newer ones I'm sure are just plastic. Those grills aren't cheap though.

I even considered taking the area above the glove compartment off my old car and switching it with the new one so I'd have knight from the interior! It looked like it might fit the same.

I was a fan of the script logo as well. That's the classic Monte Carlo logo, albeit a different variation of the script. I bought a chrome emblem for the back, but I'm debating to put it on because the logos inside the door, next to the seats would be wrong.