Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

wierd sound under dash....

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 04:42 PM
Default wierd sound under dash....

1st things 1st.... i have a 95 monte carlo z34 in-case some of u didnt know ... ok so when i turn on my directionals or push the button to roll up my passenger side window i hear a wierd noise commin from under the passenger side of the dash. my boyfriend and i have come to the conclusion that it sounds like if u took the rubber from the bottom of your sneakers and rubed it back and forth on the top of the dash where the air bag is. however you wanna describe that sound... kinda like if your draging a wooden chair accross a hard wood floor very slowly. i've never heard any car make this noise and neither has any auto-tech that i know. i was hoping that maybe someone might know what it could be. i know that its probably something in the wiring or something but im not quite sure of how to go about fixing it... it has to be one the most annoying sounds ever! and its driving me and everyone who gets into my car crazy. [:@][>:] PLEASE HELP!!!