Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.
View Poll Results: See post #12 Colors
Orange and white like 1st photo
40.91%
1st Photo but Gray instead of orange/Black instead of white/Silver instead of black=flagging
9.09%
Purple and white
4.55%
Gray instead of purple-Black instead of white/Silver striping following the two tone lines
9.09%
orange and white like the purple and white
0%
purple and white like the orange and white
13.64%
throw them all in the crapper
22.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Going to paint

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by t.s.b
Lol, I am black and people say I am white cause I won't do it, I don't have anything against it it is just not my style. But I will go as big as 19's, but I am not too sure about low pro's, even though it does look nice, as long as they hold the road, looking nice can come last. Lol, but now for the other question, I won't be able to answer that.... I would think of it to be a lot smoother, but that depends on the set up you get, I suppose. I plan to drop mine mildly, for function and for a bit of looks.

I guess what I meant by low profile was. Car as low to the ground as possible. Not those goofy thin tires. I need a lot of side wall the way I drive. 17s are to big for me. 16's will drop the whole care 1.5 inches and drop springs will drop the rear another 1 inch and the front 1.5. So I'm looking at a 3 inch front drop. Wow. I might want to think a little more on that. Rims first then see if springs are needed. By the by. What set up are you going with. I need a few ideas.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:52 AM

yea, i am more for function then for looks, now i am really not sure as th set up i want to go with. i got other things that i want to do first, was thinking f having everything old taken out and replaced, the whole syestem redone. but, like i said, i am not sure. i go in an accident in the past, and it has messed with the suspension, so i figure i would redo it all, to be safe.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:08 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by t.s.b
yea, i am more for function then for looks, now i am really not sure as th set up i want to go with. i got other things that i want to do first, was thinking f having everything old taken out and replaced, the whole syestem redone. but, like i said, i am not sure. i go in an accident in the past, and it has messed with the suspension, so i figure i would redo it all, to be safe.

Smart.

Staying alive with out driving 55!

Last edited by bblackstone; 06-19-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:36 AM
5 Year Member
Default 21 votes

22 votes in. I need more voting! 22 votes out of how many members? I only have a couple of weeks left before paint. I was hoping for more to go on. Plus. Throw them in the crapper is close. To close. I really do want some thing different than gray.

Any other suggestions will be excepted. Its not that I'm indecisive. I just want a head SNAPPING Monte Carlo. Who else to go to than you folks?
I have the money for it. (up to 3500) Why not make it spectacular?

Please. No all one color. I really do want a two tone. Not just the ground effects.

Last edited by bblackstone; 06-27-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:43 PM
5 Year Member
Default Votes are in

Votes are in. Thanks all to have voted. I think the orange and white is the way I would love to go. Except one point my Lovely bride has made. Could have done it earlier, but I think she loves goofing with me about my Montes. She asked me in a very sarcastic voice.

So! When are you pulling the motor to paint the housing? With a grin. Walked away. She knows I dont do things half a**ed and wont pull the motor. So. Yep. You guessed.

Like the orange and white but Black instead white. Grey instead of orange. Silver flagging. Except I'm going to go a little different with the flagging.

Black out reverse lights and tail lights. Roof spoiler with pace car lights. Spoiler with pace car lights. If needed. G.P. Roof rails. Monte Carlo badging like the 2004 Brick Yard 400 Monte Carlo Paces Car.