Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

Favorite Cosmetic Mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 03:43 PM
1 Year Member
Default Favorite Cosmetic Mods

I'm trying to get some ideas on how to make my silver 06 monte carlo 3.5L look a little cooler. I have been looking at ground effects but haven't found any specifically for my car (maybe SS pieces would be a good fit?). I have put on some black/machined rims that I really like. What are your favorite cosmetic modifications to do? I'm open for any advice and opinions.

Last edited by Egard23; 09-06-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Headlights and tail lights are a place to start, wheels, window tint, etc.

Old 09-06-2013, 04:05 PM
1 Year Member

I think tint will be the next thing I do to it. I plan to have a local shop do it for me. Are there any specific kinds of tints that are better than others? What should I expect to pay for a 20% tint? I live in northwest ohio.

Old 09-06-2013, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member

I paid $75 per window, so $375. I believe that's kind of the general pricing for window tinting, if anything go visit a shop and get a quote first. Not sure on different types of tints really.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
I paid $75 per window, so $375. I believe that's kind of the general pricing for window tinting, if anything go visit a shop and get a quote first. Not sure on different types of tints really.
Holy crap, is everything more expensive in New York? I paid about $155 for my window tint.

Being in NW Ohio, I'd say you're more likely to pay around what I did on mine, and I would also say a typical smoke tint right around 20% is a good darkness; I have 18% on the 06 and IMO it's perfect.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member

Paint it Competition Yellow! Just kidding!!!!! Tints are good. I paid $99 for 30% all around in the Bronx. But now I want 5% on my back and rear windows. Head and Tail lights, Rims, (Not bigger than 20s in my opinion ) Cleaning and Customizing the Engine compartment and making her Sound as good as she Looks. A Stereo, there's a difference were once between a radio and a Stereo! Maybe custom gauge faces and Custom interior lighting. There are many other things you can do. If you go to the web site of places that Customize cars that can give you some great ideas as well. The possibilities are endless. And it all starts with your taste!

Old 09-08-2013, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Holy crap, is everything more expensive in New York? I paid about $155 for my window tint.

Being in NW Ohio, I'd say you're more likely to pay around what I did on mine, and I would also say a typical smoke tint right around 20% is a good darkness; I have 18% on the 06 and IMO it's perfect.
I might be wrong, I don't really remember how much I paid.

Old 09-26-2013, 12:47 PM

I paid 250 for all mine I did 8 on the rears and 18 on the fronts with a 18 10in wide brow on the windshield I did the carbon tint it looks darker and it keeps out more heat (a good thing when u got black leather like me) depending on the color of ur car blacking out ur tail lights /reverse lights looks kool if it's a black or dark color car rain guards on the windows looks kool as well (I personally don't like the sun roof ones) then hids or angel eyes look badass as well I'm trying to decide if I want to do Street glow or not I'm not sure how good it looks on these cars if u get the ss ground effects then do the race stripes as well make it look like a clone those could be some ideas

Just remembered u said ur car is silver and silver and tinted tail lights looks good in my opinion I had it on my old car it was silver and I liked it

Old 09-26-2013, 01:22 PM

Welcome to the forum fellow Ohio member. I am in NW Ohio too, just south of Toledo and Perrysburg. Where are you located?

There are plenty of Mods you can do, just depends on your taste and budget.

Wheels, decals, tint, headlights, tailights are all dependent on your taste.

Here are some specific Mods for Monte Carlo Owners that may not have come stcok on their Monte or was stock on another W-body

GM Monte Carlo SS GFX Groung Effects Link---> https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sixth-generation-monte-carlos-39/how-install-ss-gfx-high-sport-trim-oem-ground-effects-44109/

GM Monte Carlo SLP or LSX Grill---> https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/grille-install-34002/

Another link ---> https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/tips-install-slp-lsx-grille-20518/

GM Grand Prix Roof Rail Link---> https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sixth-generation-monte-carlos-39/how-install-roof-rails-21345/

Another Link ---> https://montecarloforum.com/forum/paint-body-work-exterior-32/roof-rail-roll-call-44160/

Last edited by KCFITZ78; 09-26-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS

I got all my windows done 15% in the front and 5% in rear all for $130 and comes with a lifetime warranty as long as I hold onto the card he gave me lol but it was that cheap cause I got it done in the hood (Irvington,NJ)

Quick Reply: Favorite Cosmetic Mods