Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.
View Poll Results: Which grill best matches an 06 Monte Carlo?
small diamond
7.14%
diamond xxl flat
7.14%
diamond xxl
0%
diamond extreme
7.14%
perf ss
28.57%
perf gt
21.43%
oval zigzag
7.14%
stacking oval
14.29%
small perf
0%
perf xxl
7.14%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

7th Gen ('06-'07): Building new grill, opinions???

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 10:37 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Your really starting to convince me Tadcaster, it does look great on your Monte.. However I dont think I need to have the SS logo on every side of the car, but I will keep an open mind!

Old 04-11-2013, 06:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I just don't think changing the actual mesh material itself needs to be done. The ones you have listed here all look WAY too industrialized, like fencing material, etc. No offense, but these all look like something ricer boy would put on his 1994 Civic. I don't think ANY of these really deserve a place on a vehicle. Just my two cents.

The knights crest badge from the 6th Gen front end would be an option BUT I'm pretty sure it won't fit in the 7th Gen's narrow grille. Tad's idea with the SS would work but it sounds like you ultimately want the crest.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:07 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

^^^--I'd hate to agree, but yea...it kinda looks a bit ricer. There is plenty of ways you can make your monte look like a sweet monte without ricing it up.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:40 PM

Not you too.. Come on people there are plenty of 6th generation Montes with mesh grills! do you think it's necessary? I for one think not, the space to work with is what like half an inch by ten inches??? But thats just my opinion and thanks for giving me yours! But im NOT painting neon colors or anything rediculous.. don't you think a shiny grill (whether it be polished silver OR black) would better match the already chrome rims to the stock SS? As apposed to stock, black, plastic grill???

Old 04-11-2013, 06:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

We're all giving your our opinion, at the end of the day its your car, do what makes you happy and what you think looks good.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:41 PM

thanks Leprechaun, much obliged!

Old 04-12-2013, 06:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

IMO the stock SS mesh grille is already good looking; mesh is the right size and shape and the black isn't too flashy. I've never really been one to add MORE chrome to a vehicle. It ultimately comes down to what Keane (Leprechaun93) said. We're all different and like different things. We're just giving you OUR opinion so, yes, you can take that into consideration but do what you want to make it yours.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:52 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Ya we don't drive your ride you do. If you ask for an opinion on the forum you will get different responses. That why all our Montes look different. I know that some members hate my Gold wheels, but we are still friends and I accept their opinion but I am going to keep the gold Wheels.

I ask for opinions here only if I am not sure of a mod. If I am set on a mod then I'll do it and if I like it stays on the car. Except for the wife

I have made mods on the Deuce and she told me unless I fixed them she wasn't riding with me. Made the mistake of putting blue LEDs on the Deuce under the headlights we now BOTH hate them and they are coming off

So if you are set on doing this ...Hey do what floats your boat

Old 04-12-2013, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Ya we don't drive your ride you do. If you ask for an opinion on the forum you will get different responses. That why all our Montes look different. I know that some members hate my Gold wheels, but we are still friends and I accept their opinion but I am going to keep the gold Wheels.

I ask for opinions here only if I am not sure of a mod. If I am set on a mod then I'll do it and if I like it stays on the car. Except for the wife

I have made mods on the Deuce and she told me unless I fixed them she wasn't riding with me. Made the mistake of putting blue LEDs on the Deuce under the headlights we now BOTH hate them and they are coming off

So if you are set on doing this ...Hey do what floats your boat

Thank you both, and Tadcaster isn't it funny how much marriage effects your vehicle?? Especially kids.. Considering a close friend of mine just recently sold his SS after his wife's claims of it not being a "family car"! my latest purchase wouldnt have even ben POSSIBLE had it not been for the previous owner starting a family of his own lol

I just have to say how AMAZED I am to find myself in the center of such an evenly dispersed argument. Its a relief to know that I can't go wrong with any choice as you say Tad. once poles close and I finish MOS school in June ill make plans to purchase the sheet metal late June.

Thanks again Monte Carlo fans, rest assured I will take your votes into consideration... However Perf ss just isnt going to happen I honestly wasn't expecting it to do THAT good. Oh well

Old 04-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

all marriage gave my monte was a ****-ton of scratches, hidden cheese puffs & a hole poked into the leather seat.

Sorry if I sounded rude, personally I can't choose. maybe a photo edit to see how it looks?