Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Work moving to new building soon

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 02:20 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Work moving to new building soon

Hello everyone! I hope all is well with you guys. I just wanted to come here and tell you all about something that has been on my mind. I work for a library in a town close to mine in the IT Dept. We are getting ready to move into a brand new building in about two weeks. We have waited three years for construction to finally be complete. We are finally almost there!! Now this may sound great but I am worried about taking my Monte to the new building. The new building is right downtown and the parking lot looks really small and the spaces seem really tight. I always park my Monte on the end to avoid door dings and scratches. This probably won't be possible there and people are less than respectful of other peoples property around here. I really worry about parking it downtown because crime has really been on the rise of late it seems. Before getting this job I used to avoid the downtown area at all costs but now I have to no choice because I am working in the heart of it. I was thinking about buying a really cheap "beater" car but none seem to be cheap enough. My Monte also needs some small things done to it and I hate to spend money on another car when my Monte needs some love. I think I have a small spot of rust coming back and my heated seat needs fixed. The stock wheels are also in really rough shape. I am trying to save up for a house in the very near future so I can't spend much money. I don't know what to do at this point. I worked hard to get my Monte dent free and repainted and I don't want it ruined. What do you guys think? Am I crazy? Should I just park it there and get over it? Ughh....I don't know what to do. Sorry for the long rant lol

Old 08-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I feel your pain, I would be worried sick parking my vehicles in a small parking lot..... if it were me I would look at it this way.... a daily driven car will get nicks, scratches, dings its impossible to prevent so if your monte is your daily driver I would be taking it and bearing the consequences. now if you don't want the monte to be a daily driver anymore park it and only use it for pleasure use and buy another reliable car for a daily driver.

turbo monte doesn't go near anyone, my daily driver goes anywhere I need to go and I don't like that but its a daily driver it has to. I bought my brand new daily driver (2013 focus st) and I only owned it for about 8 months and its got a door ding on it from some careless person already

Old 08-16-2013, 07:40 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
I feel your pain, I would be worried sick parking my vehicles in a small parking lot..... if it were me I would look at it this way.... a daily driven car will get nicks, scratches, dings its impossible to prevent so if your monte is your daily driver I would be taking it and bearing the consequences. now if you don't want the monte to be a daily driver anymore park it and only use it for pleasure use and buy another reliable car for a daily driver.

turbo monte doesn't go near anyone, my daily driver goes anywhere I need to go and I don't like that but its a daily driver it has to. I bought my brand new daily driver (2013 focus st) and I only owned it for about 8 months and its got a door ding on it from some careless person already

It is stressful trying to keep your car nice with so many people out there that could care less about being respectful of other peoples things. That stinks about the door ding in your brand new car! The first one always hurts the most. I would seriously worry myself sick if bought a brand new car. The first scratch or dent and I would have a meltdown lol. I think I fixed my issue. I just bought a 1996 Chrysler Town and Country with 180,000 miles for $900. The engine runs great and the interior looks new. The transmission has some issues that we believe to be wiring problems from sitting. I never would have ever thought I would own a van but actually I kind of like it. It has been sitting for four years and needs some love but it isn't bad at all. If all goes well it will be my winter car and for places I don't want to take the Monte.