Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

7th Gen ('06-'07): Black Housing Clear Corner Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013 | 09:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have the silverstsr turning bulbs and I think they look weird. Have a bluish tint to them but I tried the stealth bulbs to and the light output was terrible.

They listed another for just the headlamps...ill try that one and see

Edit: well I decided to tear apart my Depos tonight.....they are stained on the inside from the condensation. I dont really want to deal with the hassle anymore so I just ordered a set with the HIDs

Last edited by xxtheshockerxx; 03-10-2013 at 01:35 AM.
Old 03-10-2013 | 01:29 AM

I bought a pair of those a couple of months ago. I love them and the connectors have not been any trouble for me.

Old 03-10-2013 | 08:04 AM
Monte of the Month -- October 2013
3 Year Member1 Year Member

glad everything worked out for ya! those are gonna look sharp.

Old 03-10-2013 | 09:02 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
3 Year Member1 Year Member
5 Year Member

They will look great Matt!

Old 03-10-2013 | 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Can anyone confirm on the 7th Gen that the parking light (behind the side reflector) is the same bulb as the front turn signal indicator? Looks like they're both a 4157NA bulb but I've never changed or had these out of the headlight assembly before. Unless someone can confirm that for me, I'll have to check when I pull the car out of storage.
The side reflector is just a little 194 "peanut" bulb

Old 03-10-2013 | 10:35 AM
|
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by MissouriMonteSS
I bought a pair of those a couple of months ago. I love them and the connectors have not been any trouble for me.
Nice, good to hear. How have they held up so far? Seals all holding?

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
I have the silverstsr turning bulbs and I think they look weird. Have a bluish tint to them but I tried the stealth bulbs to and the light output was terrible.
As long as the SilverStars have about the same light output and color as the regular orange bulbs, I don't think I would mind the bluish tint. I want the bulbs light output to look like the normal stock bulbs with no weird orange hue. As far as these headlights go, good deal on ordering a pair. Are you doing anything to your Depos now that you have them opened?

Originally Posted by SprSlw06
The side reflector is just a little 194 "peanut" bulb
Thanks, that's what I figured. These are typically a clear bulb, since they're normally behind the amber reflector, correct? Anyone know if the 194 is available in a clear bulb that illuminates orange?

Thanks Joey and Tadd! Can't wait to get working on these and then get them installed on the car.

Old 03-10-2013 | 11:28 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

As long as the SilverStars have about the same light output and color as the regular orange bulbs, I don't think I would mind the bluish tint. I want the bulbs light output to look like the normal stock bulbs with no weird orange hue. As far as these headlights go, good deal on ordering a pair. Are you doing anything to your Depos now that you have them opened?

They are brighter than stock by quite a bit. I still think they look weird its a bluish orange color. I will have to take a pic or something for you.

I can't wait.

As of right now no. I opened the one that was leaking and it took forever. The lens is stained from condensation and has some splintering on the inside of the lens too. It didnt come apart good either the glue was like snot and is all over the edge of the case so I just quit there for now. I kind of want to paint them. Keep the outside black and paint the rings and area where the headlights go red to match my car but we will see.

Old 03-10-2013 | 12:27 PM

Matt, those housings look amazing! Very nice indeed. I see where you are coming from on having a gloss black bezel, but I think they look trick the way they are. I don't know if I'd risk opening them up and possibly having sealing issues.

I recently installed those SilverStar ULTRAs and noticed a dramatic difference from the Phillips that were replaced. Very bright, natural looking light.

I'll purchase that extra set of housings if you are not going to use them

Last edited by SSilver; 03-10-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 03-10-2013 | 12:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Here is a link for Silver Stealth 194 Amber bulbs........ it's going to be a very sweet looking setup when your done

GP Thunder T10 194 168 2825 Stealth Chrome Light Bulbs | eBay

Old 03-10-2013 | 12:52 PM

Thanks, that's what I figured. These are typically a clear bulb, since they're normally behind the amber reflector, correct? Anyone know if the 194 is available in a clear bulb that illuminates orange?
Yes, they are clear. As ZIPPY02 mentioned, it looks like you can get both the turn signal bulbs and the sidemarkers in the chrome to hide the orange, which look pretty cool.

Quick Reply: 7th Gen ('06-'07): Black Housing Clear Corner Headlights