Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

7th Gen ('06-'07): Black Housing Clear Corner Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013 | 09:58 PM

Looking forward to seeing those on your Black SS. Please post pics ASAP

Old 03-09-2013 | 10:27 AM
|
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
10 Year Member

Alright guys, here they are.

This is how the lights came in the box. I'm not sure they're branded because these weren't in individual boxes with a manufactures' name or anything on them, like I've seen with the Depos. Although, packaging was sufficient enough; they arrived pretty well protected and in new condition so I can't complain there.

Name:  DSC_5036_zps05ed1a76.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  60.2 KB

On first look, they're fairly decent quality for $148 and visually they look good. The seals look good. I'm extremely picky so this is good coming from me. The connectors look a bit iffy but I'll play around with those when the time comes to install them on the car. Worst comes to worst, I can possibly get some factory connectors and re wire those to the harness.

Name:  DSC_5060_zps6e3041ea.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  63.8 KB

Name:  DSC_5062_zpse32e62c9.jpg
Size:  69.8 KB

Name:  DSC_5059_zps2a55b662.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  55.5 KB

Name:  DSC_5077_zps06b20717.jpg
Size:  58.2 KB

Name:  DSC_5079_zps4285045d.jpg
Size:  55.0 KB

Name:  DSC_5075_zps44977d47.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  50.1 KB

Just a heads up for anyone also interested in these headlights, I actually ordered a second pair and that pair showed up this morning.

Reason being, I'm probably taking one pair apart and painting or clearing the matte black housing (bezel) to get it a gloss black. I’m not too keen on the matte black and I have a feeling a gloss finish would look better against the car’s gloss black body. I might throw one on the car straight out of the box to get a better idea of how they look on the car before I do anything, although I'm really leaning towards clearing them for a gloss finish anyway. Hoping I can have them complete by early May.

Also thinking of possibly smoking the clear side marker a touch while I have them apart.

So, if everything goes as planned, I should have the second pair available when I'm finished. We shall see.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 03-09-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old 03-09-2013 | 11:39 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Very nice, your gamble paid off! Those are so rare to find like that.... And now you have 2 pairs, lol you the man!! You installing the stealth silver bulbs too for the turn signal? I am lucky enough to have found a pair with no egg yolk lens for my 6th gen a few years back...

Old 03-09-2013 | 11:56 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Looks like a good set

Old 03-09-2013 | 01:03 PM
|
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02
Very nice, your gamble paid off! Those are so rare to find like that.... And now you have 2 pairs, lol you the man!! You installing the stealth silver bulbs too for the turn signal? I am lucky enough to have found a pair with no egg yolk lens for my 6th gen a few years back...
Thanks guys.

Greg, yes I'll probably go non-amber bulb for the turn signal indicator. You running those Stealth silver's on yours? Are they available at any stores? Looks like those or the SilverStars, I'd be happy either way.

Now what about bulbs for the side marker? Are those available in an orange bulb?

Old 03-09-2013 | 01:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

The amber bulbs for the turn signals are available in the Silver Stealth configuration. That way you won't have any amber color in your headlight assembly. Yet they emit an amber light when flashing... Here is a link on eBay for them

As far as the 9005 / 9006 lights use what you want, many different selections, depends on your personal preference. I use the SilverStar Ultra's, but to each their own.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Mo...172ccb&vxp=mtr

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 03-09-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-09-2013 | 01:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL

Those look great! I lost my ebay battle last night so I need to find another set I cant hardly pass these up. I should open my depos up and seal them too. Maybe paint them or something fun but I have chickened out so far haha

Last edited by xxtheshockerxx; 03-09-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 03-09-2013 | 04:47 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I'm glad they were what you hoped for - that photograph looked kinda iffy.

Old 03-09-2013 | 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Alright guys, here they are.

This is how the lights came in the box. I'm not sure they're branded because these weren't in individual boxes with a manufactures' name or anything on them, like I've seen with the Depos. Although, packaging was sufficient enough; they arrived pretty well protected and in new condition so I can't complain there.

On first look, they're fairly decent quality for $148 and visually they look good. The seals look good. I'm extremely picky so this is good coming from me. The connectors look a bit iffy but I'll play around with those when the time comes to install them on the car. Worst comes to worst, I can possibly get some factory connectors and re wire those to the harness.

Just a heads up for anyone also interested in these headlights, I actually ordered a second pair and that pair showed up this morning.

Reason being, I'm probably taking one pair apart and painting or clearing the matte black housing (bezel) to get it a gloss black. I’m not too keen on the matte black and I have a feeling a gloss finish would look better against the car’s gloss black body. I might throw one on the car straight out of the box to get a better idea of how they look on the car before I do anything, although I'm really leaning towards clearing them for a gloss finish anyway. Hoping I can have them complete by early May.

Also thinking of possibly smoking the clear side marker a touch while I have them apart.

So, if everything goes as planned, I should have the second pair available when I'm finished. We shall see.
Anxious to hear how the connectors work out! Let me know what you think of them when you get them on!

Old 03-09-2013 | 09:23 PM
|
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by SprSlw06
Anxious to hear how the connectors work out! Let me know what you think of them when you get them on!
Will do Matt.

Can anyone confirm on the 7th Gen that the parking light (behind the side reflector) is the same bulb as the front turn signal indicator? Looks like they're both a 4157NA bulb but I've never changed or had these out of the headlight assembly before. Unless someone can confirm that for me, I'll have to check when I pull the car out of storage.

Greg, I'm just going to swap over my currently installed low and high beams when I get to installing these lights. My current H11's (low beams) are SilverStars. As for the indicators, I'll either go with the Stealth Silvers or Silverstars. I'll take a look for those a bit later. Thanks for the info on the Stealths!

Zach, bummer you missed out on that bid. Don't know if you saw, but there's these mentioned earlier by SprSlw06 > 6000K Slim HID 06 12 Impala 06 07 Monte Carlo Black Clear Headlights Lights | eBay. This one is actually what I ordered for my second pair. Came from the exact same place as the first. Includes an HID kit with this one but I figured I'll just sell that at some point.

Thanks Amy. Not gonna lie, I was a bit nervous.

Quick Reply: 7th Gen ('06-'07): Black Housing Clear Corner Headlights