Paint/Body Work/Exterior For discussions about painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.

06 Monte mods in progress

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 03:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 06 Monte mods in progress

OK all, you know I dont have a Monte but my 65 year old Mom does. I found it for her a few months back. It is an 06 LTZ all black. Sunroof, leather and stereo with chrome tip exhaust. The plan is: ordered the silver rally stripe kit along with the rear side window louver decal set matte black. Already have the siver MC windshield decal but waiting on weather for that install. Once this is all on, it is going to paint shop for the bottom to be trimmed in silver with a thin red stripe around it. The factory 17's are being replaced with a set of aftermarket 16" chrome wheels with nascar white letter tires. Already had these wheels from her 07 Impala she traded in on this. Against better advice from this forum, she wants the SS emblems put on it. All in all it will be a very sharp Monte I believe and for her to be 65 and still want this is great. I did tell her that the car must be left to me in her will and not my sister. I do all the mods for her cars. I statrted to take a picture of it today when she was here but it was dirty and she was going to wash it. I can install everything myself and should only take me about three days to complete this whole job.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:54 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 77gp
OK all, you know I dont have a Monte but my 65 year old Mom does. I found it for her a few months back. It is an 06 LTZ all black. Sunroof, leather and stereo with chrome tip exhaust. The plan is: ordered the silver rally stripe kit along with the rear side window louver decal set matte black. Already have the siver MC windshield decal but waiting on weather for that install. Once this is all on, it is going to paint shop for the bottom to be trimmed in silver with a thin red stripe around it. The factory 17's are being replaced with a set of aftermarket 16" chrome wheels with nascar white letter tires. Already had these wheels from her 07 Impala she traded in on this. Against better advice from this forum, she wants the SS emblems put on it. All in all it will be a very sharp Monte I believe and for her to be 65 and still want this is great. I did tell her that the car must be left to me in her will and not my sister. I do all the mods for her cars. I statrted to take a picture of it today when she was here but it was dirty and she was going to wash it. I can install everything myself and should only take me about three days to complete this whole job.
Sounds like its gonna look pretty sweet when its done. I wish my old mom wanted me to mod her vehicle haha.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:55 PM

Wow, I like your ideas especially with the silver trim and lettered wheels. Not too fond of the rear side mirror thing though. How about some HID from DDMtuning.com. I installed some and were pretty easy and less than $100 for both lows and fogs.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It sounds like your mom is gonna have a pretty cool car when your all done.

Old 02-17-2011, 09:54 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Cool. I'd put my foot down though about those SS emblems. lol