Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Are you depressed ?
Yes, I'm always depressed
11.76%
I'm depressed a few times a year
29.41%
It's all part of life, but I deal with it...
35.29%
I need HELP !!!!
3.92%
I'm just happy to be here!
9.80%
I feel like I'm lost in space
9.80%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Are you Depressed ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Hi Member's of our Monte Carlo Family,
I feel obligated to respond on this thread since I was the creator of the Topic.

I creator this thread because I've found that many are depressed more over the holidays and I was hoping that my thread & links from medical sources could help a member, a friend, a family member deal better with their stress everyday & during the holiday season...I believe everyone gets stressed & has problems, but I believe it's how we deal with our problems is what is important to living a happy life.

I was impressed at the response from member's on this subject that affects so many in our life's, our world.
Thanks everyone for your honesty in your words, and sharing your experience's & help on this subject.

I am sure not an expert on the topic of depression, but encourage everyone that needs help/advice/information
to seek out those that are trained & educated on this important topic.

I do know that I care about people, and I wish I had the powers to make everyone happy 2 `be...., but I will keep trying to always do my best everyday of my life journey....It's the way I was taught by my grandfather & his senior citizen friends...The more I travel my `journey of life, the more I realize how true & important their lessons have been. They have shared so much of their time & wisdom, that the bum's & I realize the more we grow how important & giving they have been in our lives. They taught us to respect ourselves, respect others & to respect life. They did not just teach us words, they acted their words & lead/taught by example. "They walked their talk 4-Sure"...I love them `all.

They taught us that we had choices to be good or bad, right or wrong, up or down...It was our choice. They were empathic that we all "Think before we Act & realize the consequences of our acts"...(Good acts= Good Consequences...Bad Acts = Bad Consequences 4-Sure: )Sometimes, many times the bums & I learned the hard way 4-Sure...(Street Racing was one of many of my expensive lessons when I was captured by the police), I thought I could out smart them...I was wrong, again...

They also taught a lot about willpower...( will power ~>control of one's impulses and actions; self-control.) & that we must be in control of our `Mind...I have learned over my years that it takes a lot of energy & discipline to keep my willpower & mind strong from the many temptations in this human life.

I did not realize that it would be such a battle to fight the BAD in life....It was a War 4-Sure...I learned that I could not let the Bad in Life Win, if I wanted a Good Life...I've learned from my teachers/mentors that nothing Good in this Life is easy, and sometimes it gets more difficult and challenges our strength to fight the Bad that confronts us everyday of our life...There is always evil & bad : ( & that's sad, but it is real 4-Sure...

I refuse to let the bad win & I hope the readers of my words do not give up on their battles in life...I believe that to win in life that you need a strong willpower & with any powers, you need to always keep your Mind in shape & keep working on making it stronger everyday...One must work on being strong to win at anything in life, especially against the evil & the BAD...

I am not implying that the above will work for everyone, but I am just relating what teachings/lessons have worked for me..I'm composing the above thoughts/words in hopes that it may instill others, or help in some way to fight the Bad in their lives...

I do my best to seek out the good in everyone, the good, bad and the evil ones : ) I believe there is good in everyone, but sometimes, you just got to search for it...

My creed is to not hurt myself or others, but to use all of my resources to stop the hurt to others that I meet on my journey of life.

I hope the above may help someone fight the bad in their life...I just share, cause I care.

Thanks everyone for your contributions to your Monte Carlo Family...
We are a unique/diverse group 4-Sure
I wish everyone Happiness, but it's your choice to find it & keep it..."Nothing good in this life is E.Z."
Don't Give `Up, if you really, really want it...It's out there, It's your `Choice..."Seek & you shall find"
That's all that fall'in outa my mind for now...,It's empty again

Peace/Out from `Space

Last edited by Space; 11-29-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:29 PM

Thank you Space for your words and for this thread. Through my journey I have found that many travel the road of depression in varying degrees. While dealing with depression issues it is difficult to understand anybody else is dealing with depression or that there is any help available especially if you express or ask for help to an uncaring person. Depression is similar to wearing blinders. As the depression deepens the ability to see solutions dwindles.
Depression manifests itself in many ways. It is a state of mind but it is more than that. I know for myself I often acted in ways that had negative and unhealthy results knowing full well what the results of this bad behavior would be if I continued to indulge in it, but was still powerless to stop. Some of it was as simple as repeatedly being late for work. Others are frivolous spending to extreme. Alcohol and drugs seem like good friends as well as unhealthy relationships and unhealthy actions in those relationships. (Wives have no sense of humor when it comes to sexually active girlfriends). If you are indulging in any of these activities and you have thoughts of hurting yourself please reach out for help. There is help available and are much better than the feelings of worthlessness.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:53 AM

I was requested by a member to find this thread and re-post.

I did not know that there were so many people in our World (19+ Million American's) that are depressed.
I wonder how many Canadian's are depressed ? ? How many on Planet `Earth ?

..With all the problems in our World , I think it's not getting better, but worse...

I hope that those that have major depression seek help to improve their health & their Life...
The Web has many resources to check out..

Wish EveryOne a Happy Life (We only get one).. Act Now on your problem(s)

1. Major depression
  1. National Center for Biotechnology Information
<TABLE cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
  1. Depression may be described as feeling sad, blue, unhappy, miserable, or down in the dumps. Most of us feel this way at one time or another for short periods. True clinical depression is a mood disorder in which feelings of...
<TR><TD>Causes - Symptoms - Tests - Treatment - Prognosis - Complications - Prevention</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  1. Depression Center: Symptoms, Causes, Medications, and Therapies

1. <CITE>www.webmd.com/depression/default.htm</CITE>
    An estimated 19 million American adults are living with major depression. Here you'll find in-depth depression information including symptoms, medications, and ...

Depression Symptoms - Types of Depression: Major ... - What To Do If You Think ...

Last edited by Space; 04-05-2012 at 06:55 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:59 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Today (04/05) yes I feel depressed. I'll get over it I know.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Definetly not easy to live with, especially after you already tried the 'easy way out' and failed.
Depression can and does push away family, friends, relationships. not many people understand.

Old 04-06-2012, 04:08 AM

"Don't Stress Out, I'm protecting you & your ride

What's your Problem ? (Post `it) Can I drive now ?

Old 04-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space

"Don't Stress Out, I'm protecting you & your ride

What's your Problem ? (Post `it) Can I drive now ?

LOL ....so awsome Space!
I got to share with my friends on face book if that is ok with you?

Old 04-06-2012, 08:47 AM

Hi `Tadd, anything I post you can share 4-Sure
I borrow the majority of my photo's from the `web....
I just love what I find on the web & I hope that other's enjoy when I post what I find...(?)
I'm happy that you enjoyed. Have a Happy/Safe `Easter

Old 09-12-2013, 07:41 AM
Question I see so many that are depressed > Can U help them ?

I'm depressed, because I see so many that are depressed & they aren't doing anything to get
better. This thread is old, but the message is the
same. I sure hope it helps someone ?
Thank You!

Last edited by Space; 09-12-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:01 AM

I'm Sorry, I can't control myself, I just keep
searching & posting on the MCF in hopes
I find the answer

Your Turn ?
Sometimes what is wrong for other's is right
for you ?

Quick Reply: Are you Depressed ?