Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Are you depressed ?
Yes, I'm always depressed
11.76%
I'm depressed a few times a year
29.41%
It's all part of life, but I deal with it...
35.29%
I need HELP !!!!
3.92%
I'm just happy to be here!
9.80%
I feel like I'm lost in space
9.80%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Are you Depressed ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 05:08 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Are you Depressed ?

MCF Public Service Information
Subject: Depression

Hi Member's, we are living in a stressful World , and below has some useful
information that may assist those that
are constantly depressed.
I think everyone gets depressed at sometime in their
life, but there are many ways to deal with depression.
One way is to own & drive a great Monte Carlo
Don't be afraid to seek help.
For you or your Monte
Click below to read & it may help you or
others in your life.
"Be Happy 2 `be 4-Sure"
Member's, post what you do to deal with depression (?)
Major depression
Click above

National Center for Biotechnology Information
<TABLE cellSpacing=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Depression may be described as feeling sad, blue, unhappy, miserable, or down in the dumps. Most of us feel this way at one time or another for short periods. True clinical depression is a mood disorder in which feelings of...<TR><TD>Causes - Symptoms - Tests - Treatment - Prognosis - Complications - Prevention</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited by Space; 11-26-2011 at 06:15 AM.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:16 AM
Lightbulb Be Happy to `be free 2 `be...Don't be afraid to ask 4 help!

Depression can be seen in individuals of any age—children or adults. Frequent negative reactions in life, unfulfilled expectation, failure in achieving targets when become repetitively intense and frequent we develop depression, of which we are not aware at initial phase. Even minor stress events can stir up depression symptoms depending on the personality type.The feeling of depression generally symbolizes sadness, a feeling helpless and hopeless. Depression also include a mixture of feelings which include (but is not limited to) anger, fear, anxiety, despair, guilt, apathy, and/or grief. The feeling or worthless and committing suicide : (is also very common. It is very essential to track depression at an initial stage, so that it doesn’t get permanent. It effects the proper functioning of the brain and is harmful for the human body. So don’t let depression overpower you. Listed below are certain tips to help you -
  • - You must talk about your feelings and what you’re going through. But, if you do not feel comfortable sharing your struggles with a family member or a friend, seek counseling or join a local support group. Remember, to allow family and friends to help you out.=
  • - Make extra effort to take part in fun activities (Like the MCF). Play with children at home or even in the neighborhood. Try out something new or go back to an old activity you once enjoy doing and which gave you pleasure.
  • - Start exercising regularly. these energizing activities can do a lot for your general health and often help in reducing stress.
  • - Talk to a health professional. Be honest with them and they may be able to recommend special medications or trauma therapy for you.
  • - Give yourself some time to grieve. Rushing the situation through may only make it worse.
  • - Set achievable goals for yourself and stick to a routine. Get an adequate amount of sleep and eat appropriately. After all these simple things provide stability in life.
  • - Avoid alcohol and drugs . Many people turn to these substances as a way of blocking out confusing emotions. Avoiding your problem, however increases them 4-Sure
  • - Maintain healthy diet. Avoid food with large amount of sugar or caffeine. Caffeine releases stress hormones and sugar creates false highs and low’s in one’s emotion.
Member's, let us hear your opinion. If you’ve got any thoughts, comments or suggestions for things we could add, make a post & leave a comment.

Last edited by Space; 11-26-2011 at 05:49 AM.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:53 AM

I came up to visit space and using his puter to check what is happening on the mcf forum.I got depressed reading spaces threadlol.space is never depressed but I think he hides it.Hope U R not depressed? i wish everyone a happy life from beachbum Mike.Peace/out

Old 11-26-2011, 01:32 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

I only get depressed when I run out of liquor. Just Kidding. There is always a reason to smile sometimes you hafta look for it tho.

Old 11-26-2011, 01:55 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

I am.

Old 11-26-2011, 02:19 PM
Talking

I only get depressed when I run out of antidepressant medication. Then I go buy cocaine and everything's fine again. JUST KIDDING!!!!!

Old 11-26-2011, 03:35 PM
1 Year Member

I feel down sometimes, but I have a few great friends that always help me through tough times.

Old 11-26-2011, 03:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

Never I dont have enough time to get depressed.

Old 11-26-2011, 03:47 PM

On a more serious note, I have a few good friends who help me through the tough times. Recently I've discovered how therapeutic it can be to talk things over instead of keeping problems bottled up and not seeking advice. This Monte Carlo Forum has introduced me to one GOOD FRIEND in particular who helps me overcome blue feelings and go on with life. I wish everyone reading this could know one person as important to their life as this friend is to mine.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:10 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Ive been dealing with depression off & on for a few years now, never told anyone about it & just went threw it alone & usually was able to get outta the rut for awhile but as of recently i havnt been able to pull outta it, & after seeing this thread i decided to ask a freind for help (or i thought they were a friend) but they wont even talk to me about it which has made things worse i must say, so im here alone as usual with my thoughts which is nvr a good thing, ive been able to hide it from everyone but inside im empty, i deff struggle with it but hopefully someday ill get threw it but as of now that is a long ways away, if even possable to beat it

Quick Reply: Are you Depressed ?