Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Is winning Monte of the Month a kiss of death?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 02:22 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
Ignored and invisible on this forum - wow!
You're not invisible to me Amy.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
I won MOTM and became admin. So there's hope if you stick around long enough.
Hey... that happened to me

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
Not true - I've been here longer than anyone (besides Space) and I'm still a nobody on this forum. I have no idea why I stay.
Dont' say stuff like that Amy, you are definitely a well respected member, especially in the field of having one of the cleanest Montes around

Old 01-13-2014, 11:44 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have felt invisible here at times also. And also things in my life here and there off and on for past 2 years have caused me not to be on here like I used to but I also see a difference in the forum itself and membership compared to how it was when I first joined. People have lives and sometimes things happen and alot of the "regulars" I knew while being here no longer have their Montes.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

2 time winner and I am still here !! and still a Proud Monte owner even after a blown motor so No sell out here !!

Old 01-13-2014, 06:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

I won MOTM and I'm still here. I don't log in every day anymore because of regular life getting in the way. Working 2 jobs takes most of my time but I still try to help out when I can.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:38 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

I try to pop in from time to time. I just end up getting into arguments and getting my stuff locked, so I have pretty much stopped posting.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
I agree, if someone knows they are stepping away from MCF (such as getting out of the Monte, and decide with no Monte, no need for MCF), it would be "nice" to have that "break up" message. But it's just not the way of the world.

I think most people fall off without thinking about it. They may not realize "hey, there is a group that will miss me".

That's not always the case... sometimes people have the intention to keep posting and helping people out, but find their replacement cars to take up most of their time that they don't have time for their roots. I know that's the case with me and my old forums. I try to frequent my first car forums but it's hard with me restoring and diagnosing issues with my current Cutlass Supreme.

I think the issue sometimes ends up being the fact that we don't really realize how much we don't think about a certain car after we get rid of it.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

@Nas Escobar - I totally agree. That's part of what I meant by "I think most people fall off without thinking about it". It just happens, by nature, we move on to other things.

As long as there are Monte owners and Monte enthusiasts, I'm certain there will always be a MonteCarloForum.com

Old 01-13-2014, 10:48 PM

I see where you're coming from now. When I first read it, I thought of it as "people should at least say 'I'll eventually lose interest in a forum' once the car is gone".

I've browsed on this forum many times before, when looking for a 80's Monte Carlo, a 2000's Monte Carlo, and even after I bought my Cutlass since I know parts interchange between the two (and just about 90% of GM cars in general). I don't see this forum becoming any weaker as time goes by, but I do fear of people hogging up parts and carelessly junking cars without really thinking about it. Having a Cutlass Supreme, it's shown me that once the car is gone, the parts are hard to look for. I have the convertible too, so it makes things 500 times hard since it was a one off car like the Impala SS.

Old 01-14-2014, 06:55 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

I can relate to the disappearing act on a forum when you sell the car. I used to be a regular on grandamgt.com until I traded in my Grand Am for the Monte.

Quick Reply: Is winning Monte of the Month a kiss of death?