Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Why do You ~>`Mod your Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 11:51 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

why mod mine, hmm, i know it will never be a racecar but i and will do little things to improve it! i remember last week a camaro wanted to show off a little and he chirped and smoke tire on every gear and i thought to myself, i don't have enough to beat that and got kinda bummed, but he most likely had a rear wheel v8 in his camaro! so i figured the only thing for me is to make it more efficient, put a CAI and maybe better exhaust! but there aren't to many mods for the 3.9 monte out there, so it is just basic improvements for me, and, no racing for me! if i want to get crazy i'll just get a rear wheel monte with a simple 350 motor for racing! going on 40 years old, i think those days are over for me!!

Old 09-12-2009, 06:19 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

...Hi `Chris,
There aren't many Mod's 4 the 3.9L, but it's a powerful engine with VVT that has great power in all RPM's.
A CAI & Exhaust will just add 2 it's power & Driv'in `Fun
4-Sure : )
"Age is only a State of Mind"...The body may `age, but the `Mind can always stay `Young...Your Choice if U R in Control of your `Mind 4-Sure

Old 09-12-2009, 07:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace
"Age is only a State of Mind"...The body may `age, but the `Mind can always stay `Young...Your Choice if U R in Control of your `Mind 4-Sure
I'm only 3 1/2 years old. I'm going to mod my stroller.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:31 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

Originally Posted by Teacher
I mod because I can.
I like that! That's a GREAT answer!!!

It's the way I grew up. All my buddies had nice cars and had done SOMETHING to them. My 1st was a '64 Impala SS, stereo (8-track), glass packs, hurst shifter, and nice fresh blue carpet. My buddies had a '67 Mustang coupe, a '69 Road Runner, and 2 had '69 Mach 1's, one with a 351 auto, but the other had a souped up 390 4sp, and THAT was a BAD car!

I don't ever remember having a car that I didn't do SOMETHING to it to make it my own.

Why? To me it isn't any different than renting an apartment or buying a house, or for that matter, getting up in the morning and getting dressed. If you're in the military, you get up, get dressed, go to work, and you are part of a team. You look alike, you work alike, everything. There is no individuality in it. Civilians, we get to get up, put on the clothes we want to, shorts, jeans, slacks, tank tops, golf shirts, tees, dresses for the ladies, in prints, plaids, polka dots, Hawian patters (my personal choice of shirts), or just about anything else you want. Ear rings, watches, bracelets, etc, etc, etc.

It's all about individuality! Being ourselves. Furnishing our apartment the way WE want it. The sofa WE like. The dining room table WE like.

The car that WE like. The seat covers that WE like. The stereo that WE like. The wheels and tires that WE like. More power that WE like.

Do we need any of this??? Absolutely not. BUT! It's what make us different from the next guy. I had a guy at the MIS car show come up and started talking. He was saying the HE had an Intimidator SS (thinking mine wasn't). I showed him my badges, and they said Intimidator SS, but the Intimidator was blacked out. Individualizing your car, your home, your lifestyle. It's what make you different from the next guy. Do you know ho many black 6th gen Monte Carlo SS's there out there??? As far as I know, I am the ONLY one with black badges. Makes mine different. The wheels, brakes, trunk, stereo, stuff under the hood. My car has been individualized to MY likings, why??

BECAUSE I CAN!!!

Old 09-12-2009, 07:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I wonder if i should do this mod to my Monte.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA7oADAI9lo

Old 09-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by KidSpace
...Hi `Chris,
There aren't many Mod's 4 the 3.9L, but it's a powerful engine with VVT that has great power in all RPM's.
A CAI & Exhaust will just add 2 it's power & Driv'in `Fun
4-Sure : )

ok, i've had my 06 3.9 monte for a few months now and i do not know what is a VVT engine, sorry to be kinda off-topic but i was just wondering about this! thanks for any explanations to this question!!!!

Old 09-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by Teacher
I have a 56 ford f100 that same day will get restored/heavily modified.
REEALLY?!? do ya have any pics, todd?

lessee, all my mods so far have been rediculusly simple, but i like the results so far. ive done stupid things, i painted my bowtie centercaps red, i painted in the ridges on the intake, cleaned everything, put my floormats in, cleaned some more, i have a new trunk emblem in the works, and i want to paint my rear drums & suspention peices, oh and i cleaned some more, lol.

i think the stuff i do i do out of sheer bordom, i will have nothing to do so i go look at the monte & try to find things that i can personalize that i can do without messing anything up, lol.