Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What do you like best where you live ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Lightbulb choices 4 all

Hi Devin and Brent thanks for your post and sharing the area of the country you live or love. I'm voice typing buy microphone on my uncle James's cell phone. This is a new experience for me that I tried last Eve and I find it fascinating and amazing with all these new technical advances. I need to do more studies to understand the total function of all these new devices that are out there on the market. It's all just time and money but I do not want to be consumed buy electronic products does seem to control so many people's lives today. Well this is just amazing. This is really a lazy way of communicating. I hope I don't forget how to type LOL. I shall close with a thank thank you to all that read my words and keep your Monte Carlo forum active, fun
and sometimes informative.

Wish all peace love and happiness on your
journey of life and on the mcf. Peace out it's party time

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 07-07-2016 at 04:18 AM.
Old 07-16-2016, 12:05 PM

I live in Oklahoma... I was born in Pensacola, FL, and have lived all over the country including some time On Oahu, Hawaii... but primarily I've lived in California... Honestly I can say, I don't like where I live here in Oklahoma much... jobs suck, people suck, salvage yards are non-existent, or horrible...and all and all, the best thing about this town is the event center...There are other towns in the state that are much, much better. As a state as a whole though, I do love the lack of emissions and safety inspections, and it seems to be one of the states with the least impact from federal politics and encourages small businesses and other aspects that I think the state is doing right. I do greatly miss the beach and the SOCAL mindset (which is gone from SOCAL anyways)... but thanks to the horrible leadership in California, I won't ever live there again... ugh.. I think I need to move.

Old 07-16-2016, 12:08 PM

Frankly I don't like the town I live in in Oklahoma, but the state as a whole is pretty good. No emissions or safety inspections, focused on maintaining individuals rights and building up small businesses... but there's no ocean, hot weather, (horrible salvage yards in my town/area), and frankly, I think I need to move to a different town... ugh...

Old 07-16-2016, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Lightbulb >Peace 2 U & your mind>EnJoy your Journey>WoW >Hold on >>>

Thanks for your post, thoughts on this thread topic + helping keep the MCF active....

I really think it's more important to be happy with who you are living with then where you are living (?)

I'm just thankful that we still have the rights and choice to live anywhere we want (If we can afford)..., but that is still a choice that you may have to work harder to obtain)....

"Freedom of Choice"> there's always some type of cost $<

I still don't know where I want to live when I grow `up (?), and then I wonder `if I will ever grow `Up ? >LOL<

OK, I filled in some empty space on the MCF with my words (I hope they were insightful & made you go in2 deep brain cycle mode (LOL) ?

Wish you reading this a great/happy place 2 be 4-Sure. "It's all just a State of Mind (>?<>)>for what R U without a mind (?) >Just a body that can't think><>mmmmmmmmmh (?) >

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 07-16-2016 at 02:10 PM.
Old 07-17-2016, 12:18 PM

I've been living in AZ for the past 6 or so years.

Here are some of my favorite things that caused us to move out here:
-Weather. Right now is probably a bad example since we're 100+ and on the verge of the worst of monsoon season, but the other 8 or 9 months of the year are beautiful. No real rain, perfect temperatures, etc. I don't even hardly look at the weather anymore - based on the time of year, you know about what the temp is and it will probably be sunny.
-Car scene. This is probably true for any major city, but there is a serious car scene out here. There are shows to go to pretty much every week during the nicer months, and plenty of awesome roads for cruising up towards the mountains.
-Cheap cost of living. Houses were dirt cheap when we moved here, and it's a rather inexpensive place to live overall, especially compared to our next door neighbor- California.
-Proximity to things to do. There may not be many major tourist attractions locally (unless you're really into hiking), but Mexico, Vegas, and Cali are all just a few hours away.

Definitely glad I moved out here from the midwest!

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 07-17-2016 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-17-2016, 07:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by SSBlue
I do greatly miss the beach and the SOCAL mindset (which is gone from SOCAL anyways)... but thanks to the horrible leadership in California, I won't ever live there again... ugh.. I think I need to move.
Yeah, somehow the anti-car, anti gasoline, anti motorsport crowd is in control. But this is supposed to be a positive question thread so I'll give it my best.

Weather. Life on the coast means the weather is usually calm. Temps on either side of 40 and 90 trigger headlines and the Walmarts run short on portable heaters or box fans.

Highways. Well, when not jammed. I am simply shocked to see that drivers in some parts of the country have to stop and pay money to drive on the highways.

No mandatory car inspections. Every two years get the pollution system checked and that's it. So ride around with a cracked windshield or red cellophane over you busted tail light, it gives you an opportunity to talk with the fine law enforcement people when they feel like it.

Radar detectors, legal. Police scanners, legal.

Food. Sorry if other states get California fruits and veggies that have been picked too soon and fake ripened. I get them at the perfect time and they are so good. Same goes for Foster Farms poultry and Harris Ranch meats.

Jobs pay good. Of course they have to because everything is so expensive.

Last edited by Barovelli; 07-17-2016 at 07:55 PM.