Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What do you like best where you live ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 07:22 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question What do you like best where you live ?

Hi Member's,
This above topic/subject should provide some interesting or
entertaining submissions by our member's.

Whose going to be first to post & let us know what is the best
part of where you are presently residing/living/working &
driving your Monte Carlo ?

Below is something I just found out about where I am presently residing

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Florida's Space Coast Among Drunkest Beaches In America

Beachgoers enjoy a cold one at the end of Minuteman Causeway in Cocoa Beach. Florida. Brevard Times FileCOCOA BEACH, Florida - Florida's Space Coast is among the top 10 most drunkest beaches in the United States, according to a study published by VinePair, a blog about wines, beers, and liquors.

According to data obtained through the BACtrack app, users in the Palm Bay-Titusville-Cocoa metro area blew an average .088 blood-alcohol-level, making Brevard County on Florida's Space Coast the 6th most drunken beach in America. Only one other Florida beach community had a higher BAC average - Pensacola - which came in at .09. ]Miami, Florida came in at nearly half the Pensacola average with a .049

SIMILAR STORIES:

Study: Liberals Drink More Alcohol Than ConservativesStudy: Younger Women Drinking Alcohol More Like MenFlorida Man Jailed After Reporting For Jury Duty Drunk

Drunk, Naked Florida Woman Charged With Child Neglect

Posted by Brevard Times at 7:18:00 AM

OK, I shared & it's your turn to post (?)

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 07-05-2016 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Had to go get another beer (LOL)
Old 07-05-2016, 07:30 AM
Unhappy FYI below > I really don't like Drunks & it makes me sad when they get stupid drunk

Old 07-05-2016, 07:40 AM
Talking I didn't make this up....It's the news in my area..Is everyone stoned ?

MORE FLORIDA MAN STORIES: Hi Member's, it's a crazy world out there...Below is where I am now, but I want to go back and live on a small island 4-Sure : )

Old 07-05-2016, 07:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I like quite alot of things about the area i live in, even the Hudson Valley region. For starters you get all 4 seasons and you're not far from one of the biggest cities in the world. The majority of the area is decent with only a few select places that are bad areas, the hudson valley is also a nice aesthetic place to live. Lots of parks, lakes, rivers, mountains, hiking, great views and so on.

Old 07-06-2016, 03:50 AM
Thumbs up Thanks `Keane for being a super active contributing member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
I like quite alot of things about the area i live in, even the Hudson Valley region. For starters you get all 4 seasons and you're not far from one of the biggest cities in the world. The majority of the area is decent with only a few select places that are bad areas, the hudson valley is also a nice aesthetic place to live. Lots of parks, lakes, rivers, mountains, hiking, great views and so on.

Thanks `Keane for taking the time to post & share
information about the area you live ^& Love!
Your past pictures reflects the beauty of the area's
you live & drive your Monte Carlo...

If you can, post a few favorite pictures of your area on this
thread for our member's to enjoy.

I hope more member's post about their area.
I'm not to proud of mine, but they do drink a lot
in my area & the DUI's reflects the arrest.\\\

OK, whose next to post/share & keep your forum
active/fun ?

Yes, we think it's YOU

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 07-06-2016 at 05:19 AM.
Old 07-06-2016, 05:11 AM
Cool >SpaceCoast<

Located in east Central Florida 45-minutes from Orlando and the Orlando Airport, we are Orlando's closest beach.Florida's Space Coast towns include: Titusville, Port Canaveral, Cocoa Beach, Melbourne, Melbourne Beaches, Viera and Palm Bay.

Florida's Space Coast Hotels, Events & Vacation Guide

www.visitspacecoast.com/

Click above (your choice) "Life, it's a Beach"

Old 07-06-2016, 06:47 AM
Smile >Like the begining of Creation<>It's a beautiful creation by the creator of `all<

Space Coast Beaches

Orlando and Disney World's Closest Beaches.
There is nothing better than getting your family and friends together to share time at the beach - body or board surfing, people watching, surf fishing all along our coast, beach volleyball or just chilling in the warm sun with the soft spray of salt water cooling you off. Our sandy coastline goes on for 72 miles and showcases a variety of beach options, waiting just for you!
Secluded and undeveloped natural beaches include the Canaveral National Seashore to the north where the beauties of sand dunes are left isolated just like Mother Nature intended. Sebastian Inlet State Recreation Area to the south is considered one of the best surfing breaks along the East Coast. It’s a great family recreational site.
Amazing views are at Port Canaveral’s Jetty Park where you catch rays while watching 4,000-passenger cruise ships and cargo ships glide by at close range. About 14 miles of the beaches south of the port are restored with natural sand dunes supporting vital habitats for birds, sea turtles and other aquatic life.
The classic beach scene with families and shopping can be found in Cocoa Beach,Satellite Beach, Indialantic, and Melbourne Beach. All have a wide variety of beach parks and access points. Amenities at these parks can include covered pavilions, public restrooms, nature walks, playgrounds, beach volleyball courts, showers, picnic tables and even beach clubhouses. There is even a fido-friendly dog beach at Canova Beach Park.
Given all of the unique options, Florida’s Space Coast has the perfect combination of sun, sea, surf and sand to make our personal paradise your space to make memories.
Our beaches are Orlando and Disney World's closest beaches in the great state of Florida! Come and get your toes sandy and make a memory with Space Coast!

Old 07-06-2016, 07:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

It is very foresty where I live - London, Ontario. It's not as nice as the beach, but it's fairly pretty in the summer. Dang cold in the winter tho, so it's geology can't be what is best about where I live.

But it is the unadvertised home of Budweiser, so that makes for cool photos!

Name:  IMG_2474.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  104.9 KB
Name:  labatt3.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  20.9 KBName:  labatt2.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  20.6 KBName:  labatt1.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  23.2 KB

Actually, if you are in London, they have no problem sharing that this is home of Budweiser (yes, it is exported to the northern USA). That is why our largest arena venue was renamed "Budweiser Gardens" a few years back. They sort of wanted to put the word out there.

Name:  IMG_2469.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  105.0 KB

But I doubt they are flaunting that State side while they are rebranding...

Last edited by JuniorCar; 07-06-2016 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Keanes area is really nice, in fact most of upstate NY is, Very beautiful area to live.

I love where I moved to and live now, very very car friendly! There is a car meet literally 7 days a week so it fits my hobby of cars well lol
Also a lot of great photo spots around!
Watkins Glen isn't far and we go to opening weekend every year

Dorchester park is very beautiful here in Whitney Point we spend a lot of days a year here

Buttermilk falls too!

Very cop friendly here in Vestal! But sometimes the troopers...

Old 07-06-2016, 08:33 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

Y'got some great photos there Devin! If I was fortunate enough to live in America, upstate NY isn't where I would choose. But it looks like your having fun there and certainly getting good pictures